messenger

Y/N -POV-

"what does she find special in you?" words come out of his mouth but I stay silent "Useless" he aggressively lets go and I see him disappear into the darkness "what a weird guy" I whisper under my breath "What was that?" I hear Horus ask "I see you have returned" I glance a his hands and saw two gold ear pieces "Who's are these?" he shrugs not sure either on who's these belonged too "Maybe Akila or Anat" I take them off him and walk away to where Akila was, Anat was no where to be seen "Akila are these yours?" she also does the same and shrugs "No.. I've never seen them before" So they don't belong to Akila maybe Anat "I'll talk with Anat tomorrow" I sigh curious on who these expensive earrings belong too "It's fine Y/N this happens all the time" he patted my back and took me to sit down on a wooden bench, rather beautiful actually with flowers crawling around it "thanks Horus" I say smiling at him "Don't mention it your safety is my priority" he claimed "what do you mean my safety? From what exactly are you on about" he shifted a little from my words "I just want to make sure your safe at all times, my mother also counts on me to protect you" I lean on his shoulder tired from the long day it's been "your lucky to have such a good mother Horus" I can feel the vibration when he Hums "I don't remember my mother or how she was.. I just hope to find her again some day" I look above me to see the stars are glistening beside the bright full moon "sometimes I wonder what's really out there in the world, is there anyone like us" I point at the stars following my finger over the bird shaped one "that one looks like you Horus" I nudge him "You have bad eyes" we both chuckle and I feel my eyes getting heavy.

"Excuse me miss" I feel someone pat my shoulder and I rub my eyes to see a rather small boy "The Goddess has requested your presence" "I totally forgot lets go" I say my goodbyes to Horus and rush with the messenger to the Goddesses room "my Goddess she has arrived" The messenger says and Isis dismisses her with a quick wave "Y/N how have you been holding up?" she turns around to look at you "I'm doing well my goddess" she sighs in relief and drags you by the hand to a table, it looks like a planning table "I've come to talk about your position right now" "Oh I see, am I going back to a servant?" I wasn't sure how I wanted her to reply "No of course not! I'm sending you as a messenger to the Goddess of Nephthys temple whenever I need something sent or given to there I'll send you! Does that sound alright?" she requests "Yes I'll do anything for the one who saved my life Isis" I take a quick bow to show my respect "Well that's sorted, you won't be alone when you go if you are worried" her hands caress my face before letting me leave "Thank you" my final words are as I walk out and head to my room until I see a familiar figure again, I stop in my tracks and hide behind a pillar peeping my head to see "god of "war" I mutter quietly what's up with him, I get he's this powerful god but why was he so interested in me in that moment was there really something 'special' about me. I've never actually seen his face before but people describe him as a curse.. maybe he's really ugly or something. "Who's there!" I hear someone call out and I dash quickly into a room I haven't seen before "excuse me.." I hear a voice call out behind me "are you lost little boy?" I kneel down to his height and hold his hand so he's calm however he continues to cry again "let's just go together then! Because I'm a bit lost too" I scratch the back of my neck and see him calming down clutching onto my hand. It's been around 20 minutes and the little boy fell asleep on my back "aren't you heavy" I whisper making sure I don't wake him "let's see" I use my empty hand to adjust his body into a more comfortable position "Y/N?" Horus! I could recognise that voice anywhere "Horus I found this little boy and he just fell asleep on me, cute but hurts my back" Horus inspects the boy and points towards a room "he sleeps in there, quickly go put him to rest" I nod and take the boy to his resting space "sleep well" I stroke the little strands of his hair and leave back to Horus "who is that?" "It doesn't matter, you look lost I'll guide you" I only agree and we both make it to my room "thanks this place is so easy to get lost" I take my head piece off following with my jewellery " I thought your leaving.." I cross my arms at him "no I'm staying here I collected all of your belongings here" I snicker and splat myself onto my bed "suit yourself" I yawn and instantly go into slumber.

BACKFLASH-

"My dear Y/N the gods are here to protect us" my mother says with her sweet voice "If they were why are our life's so dangerous?" she smiles and pats my head "Y/N if there was a life without war and bad things happening, our community would fall apart" "I guess your right mama!" I grab her free hand and walk down the corridors of Nephthys.

"Y/N don't be sad" she holds me tighter "mama the kids are making fun of me again" I almost cry a river and my mother grins at me "Dear let me tell you something" she picks me up and places me on the bed "Y/N listen to me you don't ever let anyone else make you a different person, our looks are something we own up to in this family isn't that right" she pats my head softly "yes mama" "You know even our gods have issues like us" I look at her with a shocked expression "Yes.. it all begins with a new born god he was just like you, judged by this looks and was deeply effected but he became one of the most strongest gods, the god of war Set " "god of war? mama what is war?" she sighs and stands up looking away from me "You'll find out rather soon dear"

-PRESENT-

I awake from my slumber sweating and breathing heavily, memories are slowly coming back to me. I know now my mother used to work in the temple of Nephthys while I was a child, I owe my life to my mother for helping me yet I know nothing about her, I remember now she used to worship the gods a lot "Nephthys" I say brushing my finger over my lips her name sounded the most familiar like I've known her for my life. I glance over to where Horus is sleeping, it looked very uncomfortable "Horus.." I rub my eyes and shake him awake "You sleep here" I mumble half awake yet still dragged him onto the bed "rest" I again mumble pushing his body down and collapsing on him. (well goodnight then)