🔆Morwen's Bruised Dignity🔆

Morwen Solasta Diaz (Cato's wife) POV:

"Your Highness" a butler bowed.

I closed my book with a shut, turning my gaze towards him.

"You are asked to come to the main palace for the welcoming ceremony of his Highness the Crown Prince..."

Has three days passed so quick? I'm not really eager to welcome those people..

I glanced at Ralvia,my lady in waiting signalling her.

"My lady is not feeling well right now, I'm afraid she needs rest" she replied to the butler who scrunched his nose.

"This was not just an invitation, it's your duty to welcome his Highness -"

"You mean his Highness and his princess" I gave him a side eye, keeping my face neutral.

I really don't care about that useless Crown Prince,but to lose my dignity in the Ladies society, I'm willing to draw some blood.

The butler stood his ground,handing me a scroll.

"The Empress has sent you some gifts."

What a great pair of mother and son!
Her son gifted me shame,now what is she trying to gift me?

I rose from my seat,as two maids carried a huge gown studded with eye catching blue crystals that matches my blue hair.

A small box with intricate carvings was placed before me.

I opened it to find a tiara studded with huge emeralds,that reminded me of Crown Prince's eyes.

"My lady, it seems her majesty wants you to mark your status before the arriving Ivorhelm Princess,you must accept it" Ralvia whispered.

"Stay quiet Ralvia" I pressed my handfan on her lips.

"I'll gladly accept the dress,but please return the Tiara back to her Majesty"

"Turning down her majesty's gift is an insult your Highness" the butler said in a warning tone.

"I, was also from a fallen Kingdom. Her Majesty is being generous and I, a mere fallen princess cannot accept this tiara"

The butler returned without further conversation.

"He's being rude my lady,we must tell this to Consort Gracilla"

"Will you be calm for once?"

She's really foolish sometimes.

"Bring me my family Tiara"

"Your Highness you mean -"

"I'm not repeating myself again"

I'm not letting anyone drag me like a rag doll. I have my own pride and face to save.

The palace is decorated grandly with manoranjitham flowers everywhere,which filled the air with mesmerizing fragrance.

Everyone was eager to welcome their hero,their future leader, the great crown Prince,but I'm eager to meet the princess of Ivorhelm.

The Crown Prince,who never looked at any women after he lost his dear lover,is now willingly married to a fallen Kingdom's princess? It sounds way too suspicious...

"Mother!" Grand Prince Rion ran towards me with bunch of peacock feathers in his tiny hands.

"Will father like these?" He questioned with sparkles in his eyes.

"How can anyone not like a gift from our lovely grand prince?" I smiled.

He always follows me around,even when I tried to distance myself from him.. I guess I like him a little...just a little.

"Am I getting a new mother?"

"Does our grand prince need another mother?" I asked calmly.

"Even father has many mothers! I'm going to have many mothers too!" He smiled brightly.

"No it's not a good thing"

"Is that wrong mother?" He hugged my legs.

I just don't want you to turn like your father...

I picked him up in my arms.

"Can't i have some of these?"

"Of course, anything for mother!" He carefully divided the feathers into two and gave the half to me.

Seriously this boy!

I pinched his cheek.

"Will you accompany me to welcome your father?"

"Yes,but I'll walk by myself, I'm going to be four soon"

"Fine" I chuckled. He sure likes acting matured. It reminds me of my childhood.

We reached the castle gates as the distant sound of the musical instruments thundered in our ears as we got nearer.

A group of soldiers marched forward carrying the Brinley flag. But what caught my attention was the flag of Ivorhelm kingdom,that was carried by another group of soldiers.

And then my eyes met his.

He looks different...
His ever charming eyes looked deeper. His brown hair was tied in a manbun,few curls framing his face. A new scar ran from the tip of his right eye horizontally. He's definitely a few inches taller than before and more muscular.

That scar made him look  more intimidating,his aura is screaming
Power. He gave me a polite nod and I quickly averted my eyes.

Has the war changed him? Where's the playful Prince who gave me grapes? Where's the carefree man whom I remember clearly?

He looks so mature and sincere.

Not that I care about any of this. I have to be more careful then. I mustn't let my guard down.

"Where is crown princess Leiko Selia Lachin?"

"Her highness hurt her feet before so she was unable to walk properly yet" Ralvia whispered.

Lucky woman she is.

Now where is she?

"Papa!"

Rion pulled his hand out of mine, dashing towards him.

He caught him in his strong arms, putting him before his horse.

He kissed his forehead,with a warm smile in his eyes.

Rion is hugging him tightly,as if his father will disappear again if he let him go.

"I'm taking him for a ride" he said to no one in particular, before disappearing from the parade with his son , leaving the Empress in fumes of anger.

"I guess something doesn't really change" i whispered looking at my palm, which the young prince was holding before.

"Where is the princess of Ivorhelm?"
The Empress demanded.

"Sorry for making you wait my mother- in-law"

A girl emerged behind the shiny Armour.

"I'm Princess Rhea Emalyn Ivorhelm,it's great to meet you"