.career day.

.those eyes of yours could swallow stars, galaxies, and universes. what hope did I ever have?.

The next month was healing for me. Regulus and I went to classes, did our school work, and when we weren't busy with that, we were spending all our free time trying to find some whisper of horcruxes in the library.

It was slow going. It seemed that any book that might have had any mention of them had vanished. And even if we had found it, we were still faced with the daunting task of figuring out what the Dark Lord had used to hide his horcrux.

That task it seemed, was futile.

The monotony of our daily activities helped me. I knew what to expect from day to day. Structure, it turned out, was important for healing.

NEWT Exams were just a month and a half away, and classes getting more intense than they ever had before. It was a Friday afternoon when Slughorn started meeting individually with each Seventh Year student. I couldn't have been more nervous about meeting with him. The truth was, I needed a recommendation from my Head of House, and another Hogwarts Professor to continue into a healing apprenticeship.

So I had to take a gamble and ask Professor Slughorn. I was terrified that he would wholeheartedly disagree with my choice, and send word to my father, who could destroy any chance I had.

But unfortunately, it was a risk I had to take.

I took a deep breath outside of Slughorn's office, gathering my composure. And I plastered a charming smile on my face as I entered, unsure of what my fate may be.

He poured me a cup of tea, and offered me a biscuit. I could see an excitement on his face that he was trying to restrain. No doubt, this was his favorite part of the year, when he could speak with each student about their goals and aspirations. I was sure it was one of the things that led to his vast network of connections.

"Hello, Ms. Rosier." He was leaning forward in his seat, almost giddy as I sipped the tea he offered me. "I've been very much looking forward to our meeting today."

"As have I, Professor! I trust you are doing well?"

"Very well, indeed! I always love counseling with my students and learning what plans they have for the future. It's all very exciting!"

"I'm sure it is." I agreed, nodding my head slowly. "I bet you are very proud to see some of your former students achieve great things."

"Yes, it does make me very proud. But speaking of achieving great things, I have very high expectations for you, Ms. Rosier. Your marks and your talent qualify you to do anything you want." He claimed, pulling out a quill and parchment to take notes through our meeting.

"I hope your expectations aren't too high, sir." I tried to curb his excitement. No doubt, he would be somewhat disappointed to hear that my aspirations didn't reach the high positions of the Ministry.

My efforts however, were in vain.

"Why ever not?" Slughorn exclaimed, pausing to eye me carefully. "You are one of the single most talented students I have ever had the pleasure of teaching."

"You're being too kind." I replied, knowing that he wasn't going to let up. Not in the slightest.

"On the contrary, you are brilliant, and accomplished, and you have a very bright, exciting future ahead of you." He insisted, pushing back against my modesty.

"Thank you, Professor. I appreciate your vote of confidence."

"Now, tell me, my dear. What do you want to do once you leave school? Will you follow the footsteps of your father?" He glanced up from the notes he was making in his parchment.