.the discovery of alecto carrow.

.he was her dark fairytale and she was his twisted fantasy. and together they made magic.

In the couple of months that passed, change was everywhere. It was odd to go to school without Lily, James, Sirius, and Lupin. I missed the good head, and common sense from my fiery redheaded friend.

My life was crazy. Balancing my duties as Head Girl, my schoolwork, meetings with Dumbledore, and a new assignment from the Dark Lord, there was no time left in my life for anything else.

The day before I had returned to Hogwarts, the Dark Lord requested a meeting with me and Regulus. I was terrified that he had discovered our secret. But it seemed that luck for once was on our side. He remained unaware of our relationship, and merely gave us an assignment. Regulus and I had been named Head Boy, and Head Girl for the upcoming year, and the Dark Lord, knowing the duties that the position entailed thought it would give us the perfect opportunity to spy on Professor Dumbledore.

Dumbledore remained the biggest threat to the Dark Lord's movement. And having Regulus and I on the inside meant that he could have eyes and ears in Hogwarts.

Things weren't that simple though. It was a balancing game to try to figure out what I could pass along to the Dark Lord that wouldn't get anyone hurt, or killed. But I had to give the Dark Lord enough information to make him think I was doing what he asked of me. Every day was full of stress trying to decide the balance, and toe the line.

Another complication had occurred. Alecto Carrow had become a thorn in my side. It was made clearer than ever before that she was an insufferable git. Of course, it was something that I had always known, but was made increasingly more evident.

The day after Halloween, I was leaving Dumbledore's office after a Head meeting, when Alecto jumped out from behind a statue in the hallway adjacent to his office.

I rolled my eyes upon seeing her crouched behind the statue, then as she jumped out, attempting to catch me off guard.

"What are you doing, Alecto?" I sighed, folding my arms across the paperwork I had been carrying. "You're beginning to make a fool out of yourself."

"I knew there was something fishy about you. And now I have everything that I need to prove it." She sneered, a look of extreme victory published across her sharp features.

"What might that be?" I questioned, rolling my eyes, and pushing past her to leave the area.

She followed me down the corridor, desperately trying to spur a reaction from me with her words.

"The Dark Lord will be quite interested to know that his little pet has been having top secret meetings with Dumbledore." She cackled, quickening her pace to cut me off before I could get too far.

I hissed at her flippant nature. This was Hogwarts where many were not friendly to the Dark Lord's cause. The last thing I needed was to have attention drawn to me because of her ignorance.

"Is that so? And it failed to cross your mind that
I am the Head girl, and as such, I am required to meet with Professor Dumbledore frequently?" I questioned her, flipping my hair behind my shoulder, and squaring up to her. She would not intimidate me into admitting things she wanted to hear.

"Yes, but then wouldn't Regulus be with you if this was school business?" Alecto proclaimed, her brows jumping up her forehead in a look that seemed to say she had caught me in a lie.

"Honestly Alecto. Don't you pay attention to anyone but me? Regulus is in the hospital wing." I was tired of entertaining her ridiculous intrusions into my life.