.from what i've tasted of desire.

.if i had a flower for every time i thought of you, i could walk in my garden forever.

My mind was spinning with the scene I had just witnessed. There had been a ghastly amount of blood and a lot of rage. I wondered what the consequences for Severus would be. It was his last few weeks at Hogwarts, so I didn't think that he would be expelled, but I would never want to face Professor Slughorn and Professor McGonagall's wrath.

Finding myself with a free evening, I set out to look for Regulus. I didn't want to be alone after witnessing such a horrendous confrontation. I searched the Common Room and the Great Hall. Upon entering the Great Hall, I noticed that there were significantly fewer emeralds in the Slytherin House hourglass than before. It seemed part of my question was answered. Losing Slytherin loads of points right at the end of the term would not make Snape popular among his housemates.

I found myself walking toward the library. It should have been the first place I'd checked. More often than not, when I couldn't find Regulus, he was hidden behind stacks of books, reading anything about everything. Tonight was no different. I found him in the back corner, near the restricted section. I almost would have missed him, but noticed his jet black curls sticking up higher than the stacks of books that were situated around him.

I walked over and crossed my hands atop the heap and set my chin on top of my hands, waiting for him to notice my presence.

"You're the only one who ever finds me when I come to the library." He stated, without even putting his book down. I examined the large gold lettering. The title read, 'Unfogging The Future.' I frowned slightly. He'd always thought divination was a waste of time. I didn't think he would bother much with a textbook about his least favorite subject.

Disregarding the odd choice of literature, I smiled, knowing how true his statement had been. This was where he came when he wanted to be alone. "You were quite difficult to spot this time," I replied, thinking back on how I almost walked past where he was sitting.

"I thought that all these stacks would keep people from finding me." He said, gesturing to the hoards of books he had piled onto his table, his nose still stuck in the book he was holding.

My eyebrows raised playfully. Regulus was remarkably witty, but he had never been one for pointless banter. Curious as to what was going through his mind, I took the bait. "You didn't want me to find you?" I replied, feigned hurt, echoing in my voice.

He finally snapped the book closed, allowing me to see his face. A broad smile gracing his features, showing off his brilliant white teeth. It was a smile that always took my breath away for a few moments. "You're the only one I ever want to find me."

I rolled my eyes in response. Now that our feelings were out in the open, he was freer with his comments. "Seeing as I now have a free evening, I wondered if you'd like to get some practice in?"

"Ahh, I see." He declared a light twinkling in his gray eyes, making them appear as if a lighthouse had lit the dark mists of a shore. "I'm your back-up plan."

I threw my head back in laugher, "No, detention was my back-up plan." I corrected, he knew very well that I was rather skilled at avoiding detention. "I never intended to spend the whole evening there. I would have just faked a stomach ache or something to get out early. Then I would have come and found you. See, you were always my original plan."

"I would love that then. Though I must warn you, I have been practicing quite a lot, and think I have it down pretty well. You won't see anything tonight unless I allow you to." He was being cheeky, and it suited him. I put on a demure smile, impressed with the confidence he exuded.