.pomp and ceremony.

.i love you, and that's the beginning and the end of everything.

We had to be careful after our secret elopement. My mother and father were very serious about keeping us apart before the wedding. They had woven spells into the wards around the manor that would keep him out for the night. He couldn't come back with me. And my mother checked my bedroom every few hours to make sure I hadn't snuck out.

Thankfully, I was able to get in and out without them noticing, but it meant that certain marital pleasures had to be postponed.

I wanted Regulus to take me in the forest. To lay me down in a bed of moss, under a blanket of stars and a canopy of trees and make passionate love to me. Heaven knew we had waited long enough.

His breathing had gotten ragged, and his heartbeat picked up at my suggestion. But we had already been gone too long, and the first signs of dawn were beginning to brighten the sky. So we parted reluctantly, not wanting to leave each others arms.

But there was no way around it. Thankfully it was less than twelve hours until I would see him again.

My mother had burst into my sleeping chamber not long after I had slipped in. This time, she was there to stay. All morning I was subjected to her beautification processes. I'd had my hair washed, my body waxed and scrubbed, my nails buffed and painted, and numerous other things done. I felt like a doll that only existed to be done up. Hour after hour of this continued until my father had slipped in.

I held my breath, sure he was there to try and intimidate me before the ceremony. To try and force me to call off the wedding, not that such a thing would have done any good. But instead, all he did was slip a copy of the daily prophet into my hands.

I didn't even have to flip through it to find what had piqued his interest. There I was on the front page, smiling flirtatiously at whoever had snapped the picture.

Ambitions of the Rosier's Rose

Love is in the air. Or at least a lustful ambition. A call to all you pureblood families out there, lock up your sons for Ms. Cassiopeia Rosier is on the prowl. Shaking the Wizarding World with scandal, after scandal, Ms. Rosier can't seem to satisfy her ambitions of finding England's most eligible bachelor. Her engagement to Rabastan Lestrange was announced earlier this year. However, due to a whirlwind romance, recent events have led her to sink her teeth into none other than the dashingly handsome Regulus Black.

Regulus Black has been noted as the most handsome, well-mannered, debonair, and most sought after bachelor of London's elite. What a prize Ms. Rosier has claimed. But what led to this drastic change? And will she stay with him for long?

Their wedding is scheduled for this afternoon, and will be the wizarding event of the century. But the question remains. Will Ms. Rosier actually go through with it? Or will someone better come along leading her to leave poor Regulus broken hearted and jilted at the alter. Which, as terrible as that sounds, would save precious Regulus from being strapped to a gold digging bimbo for the rest of his life. But more importantly, such a thing would spare the hearts of women everywhere. So lock up your sons. Ms. Rosier's siren call can snare even the most devoted gentlemen.

"Doesn't this terrible woman have anything better to do than slander my name across the whole wizarding world?" I exclaimed as I slammed the paper down on the vanity. "Honestly. It's just ghastly! How low can you get?"

My mother didn't even blink at my outburst. Instead she kept charming my hair over and over again until she got it the way she liked.