.wartime wedding.

.she was there for me at a time when no one else was. not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. she had a way of seeing the beauty in others, even, and perhaps most especially, when that person couldn't see it in themselves.

I had to slip out early. Before the sun. Before any of the others began to even stir.

I didn't even give an explanation for where I was going. They all could wonder for all I cared. I was of age, and didn't need permission to do what I wanted anymore.

Regulus knew where I was, and that was all that was important.

I was terrified to leave him alone. He hadn't gone home that night, but had stayed with me. I awoke wrapped in his arms, surrounded by his comforting scent. He looked so peaceful that I hadn't been able to bear waking him.

But I had promised Lily my presence.

I silently made my way across the manor, and through the grounds to the point just outside the wards where I could apparate. A singular window was lit by a bright green glow. The Dark Lord it appeared didn't sleep like the rest of us did.

Shuddering at the thought of what had happened the day before, I apparated to a small tea shop in Godric's Hollow, where the plan was for Sirius to meet me, and apparate me to the Potter Manor, where James and Lily were to be married.

There were protective wards over the manor, and because I was a death eater, I wouldn't be able to get within five miles of the grounds without someone escorting me beyond.

The sun was just beginning to crest the hills as I looked out the window, and sipped my tea. It was all very peaceful, and for a small second, I might have been able to forget that there was a war raging on around us.

Only for a small second.

I had arrived early, but the time passed quickly. Gradually the sky grew lighter, and the sun grew brighter. It was a beautiful day for a wedding. Almost as if nature itself was celebrating as well.

Sooner than I expected, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder.

I spun around, my dark hair swirling around me. My eyes locked on a familiar pair of dark, stormy gray eyes. He looked so like his brother. But this Black was more rugged, more laid back. He had more happiness in his eyes.

Sirius.

I gasped, launching myself at him and pulled him into a tight hug. He laughed at my enthusiasm, and stroked my hair as he hugged me back. His arms were tight around me.

"Hello, love." He chuckled. "I was about to ask if you've missed me, but I suppose you've already answered that question." There was a familiar mirth in his eyes that I had missed so much.

"Of course, I've missed you." I replied holding onto his shoulders so that I could get a good look at him.

"You'd be crazy not to." Came a cocky reply that was so fitting to his character.

"I see that you're as full of yourself as ever." I laughed, turning to grab the shoulder bag that I had with me.

"It's just confidence, love." He corrected, sending me a quick wink. "Don't mistake it."

"Heavens, I've missed you terribly." And I really had. I missed him dearly. And I knew that Regulus missed him more than I did.

"I've missed you too. Get back over here." He pulled me back into a tight hug, gently lifting me off my feet and spinning me around. His dramatics made me giggle. "You get more beautiful every time I see you. No wonder my poor brother is completely enamored with you."