.torture.

.you have me. until every last star in the galaxy dies. you have me.

It hadn't even been a full day after the meeting in which the Dark Lord killed Mulciber, that I was summoned to his quarters.

Fear rippled through me when I received the summons. I couldn't imagine what he would require of me next, and I didn't want to. But what he demanded surpassed my most horrible nightmares.

When I arrived in his wing of the manor, I knocked quietly at the door, which swung open in response. He had began to utilize the sitting room, I observed. But it looked nothing like it had when I resided there.

He had turned the sitting room into a study, a large mahogany claw footed desk centered right under the large window overlooking the lake. And sitting at the desk in an elaborate throne like chair was the Dark Lord.

He didn't even glance my way when I entered.

"Cassiopeia," he greeted, not looking up from the book in his hands. "I've been expecting you. Take a seat."

He gestured with a sweeping motion to several chairs facing the desk, all dark wood lined with a rich green velvet. I sat down, tentatively, waiting for him to finish what he was reading.

I waited in bitter silence for several minutes as he set aside the book and thumbed through several papers at his side. Finally, after what felt like a small eternity, he placed them in a drawer, and turned his attention to me.

"How are you, Cassiopeia?" He crooned, lacing his fingers together and placing his chin on top of them.

His blood red eyes surveyed me up and down in a way that made me feel exposed and uncomfortable before him.

"I am well, my Lord." I answered, shifting uncomfortably under his gaze.

"That pleases me to hear." A dark smile turned up his features. "How is our dear Regulus?"

I felt my veins turn to ice at his inquiry, but fought to keep any fear from finding its way to my face. I knew he was trying to unsettle me by asking about Regulus. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a response.

"He is also well." I replied, not offering up any details.

"I must say, I was very pleased to hear about your relationship." He professed, the unnerving smile still fixed on his face. It was remarkable that something so charming could have such a terrifying effect. "Though I was alarmed that I had to hear it from Alecto Carrow, rather than yourself. Regardless, two halves from such prestigious families make a magnificent whole."

"Thank you, my Lord. Unfortunately my mother and father do not share the same sentiments." I figured that I might as well get something out of everyone knowing. If the Dark Lord truly thought it was a wonderful idea, he wouldn't let it get ruined by my mother and father.

"How unfortunate indeed." He agreed, moving from his position behind the desk to lean against the head, right in front of me. "Perhaps they might need a little... coaxing?"

A thrill shot through me at that idea. They wouldn't dare say no to the Dark Lord.

Never.

"They wouldn't dare disagree with something that would please you, my Lord." I replied, respectfully bowing my head to him.

"Maybe in due time, my dear. Maybe in due time," He laughed, and the sound was piercing and cruel. It made me want to cover my ears and hide under the desk to escape. Mercifully, the sound stopped, and he grew more serious in demeanor. "On another note, I am sure you are wondering why I have brought you here this evening, Cassiopeia.