.foreward.

.in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. even darkness must pass. a new day will come. and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

I write this memory in hopes that someday, someone will read this and understand why I made the choices that I made. The path I have been forced to walk will certainly result in the destruction of my soul. I am sure that I will be killed for the choices that I have made during these last few years. But because of the many horrors that I have witnessed, I have come to firmly believe that evil prevails when good people do nothing. That fact alone is what has driven me into action.

The one thing I ask of whoever finds this manuscript is that you read it through until the end, and not be so quick to judge myself and those dear to me based on the choices that I have made. Though I can't see my own future, I am sure of one thing; my death is certain. I will be killed at the hand of the Dark Lord, and I only hope that it will not be in vain.

I must warn you; my life has been full of sad and disturbing times. Though it pains me to relive these memories I do so in order to shed light on the foggy events of the past. I feel if I don't face my demons and record this history, then it shall be lost for all eternity.

I only hope that my actions have helped to bring about a brighter future. One free of prejudice, and free of those who see fit to deal out punishment to those that they see as inferior. These are the very same prejudices that have governed my existence. In my heart, I hold hope for a future free of these horrid ideals that for so long ruled my life.

I have done many horrific things in my quest to destroy the Dark Lord. I beg of you not to think ill of me, though I imagine there is not hope for that. My actions have been nothing short of horrific and I will not seek to justify them by speaking of the good that hopefully was brought about by what I have done. But in my last hours, I do wish to apologize with every fiber of my being, for I bitterly regret every time I have had to lift my wand against another living soul.

I am sure that I shall be long dead by the time this is found, but I can only hope that my actions have helped lead to the defeat of a very mortal Lord Voldemort.

July 31, 1980

With desperate hope for the future,

Cassiopeia Vulpecula Rosier Black