A Promise Unkept

Taehyung had always felt like something was off in his relationship with Jungkook. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he knew that there was someone else in Jungkook's life, someone who had a hold on him that Taehyung couldn't match.

One day, while scrolling through Jungkook's phone, Taehyung came across a photo of Jungkook standing in front of a beautiful vacation house with an unknown man. The man looked vaguely familiar to Taehyung, but he couldn't quite place him.

Taehyung's curiosity got the better of him, and he begged Jungkook to take him to that vacation house. Jungkook was hesitant at first, but eventually gave in to Taehyung's request.

As they arrived at the vacation house, Taehyung couldn't shake off the feeling that they were being watched. The air was heavy with an eerie, unsettling energy that made Taehyung's skin crawl.

Despite the strange vibes, Taehyung and Jungkook settled into the vacation house, trying to enjoy their time together. But the sense of being watched only grew stronger, and Taehyung started seeing the man from the picture everywhere in the house.

Sometimes, the man would be standing in the corner of the room, staring at Taehyung with a cold, empty gaze. Other times, he would be in bed with Jungkook, their bodies intertwined in a way that made Taehyung feel like an outsider in his own relationship.

Taehyung tried to shake off the feeling of unease, but it only intensified as he explored the vacation house. One day, he stumbled upon a locked door, and his curiosity got the better of him. He opened it, and what he found inside left him reeling.

The room was filled with photos and belongings of the man in the picture. Taehyung's heart raced as he realized that he knew the man from somewhere. He dug deeper into the belongings, and eventually found a diary that belonged to the man.

As he read the diary, Taehyung's heart sank. The man in the picture was Jimin, Jungkook's previous partner. Jungkook had been deeply in love with Jimin, and they had been planning their future together. But one night, Jimin had suffered a heart attack and passed away in his sleep.

Taehyung was horrified by the revelation. He couldn't understand why Jungkook had kept this from him, and why he still held onto Jimin's memory so fiercely. He confronted Jungkook, demanding an explanation.

Jungkook was hesitant at first, but eventually confessed that he had never truly let go of Jimin. He still loved him, and he couldn't shake off the feeling that Jimin was still with him, watching over him and guiding him.

Taehyung was heartbroken. He realized that he could never match the love that Jungkook had for Jimin, and that he would always be second best. He tried to leave the vacation house, but something held him back. He felt like he was being pulled towards something, some unseen force that wouldn't let him go.

As the days went on, the sense of unease only grew stronger. Taehyung started seeing Jimin's ghost everywhere, his empty gaze following Taehyung around the house. Sometimes, he would wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like someone was in bed with him, but when he turned around, he saw only the empty space beside him.

Taehyung was at his wit's end. He tried

Continue

to set Jimin's spirit free, but he refused to leave. Jimin's ghost had become possessive, clinging to Jungkook at all times, and trying to push Taehyung away.

One night, Taehyung woke up to find Jimin's ghost standing at the foot of the bed, his eyes fixated on Jungkook. Taehyung tried to wake Jungkook up, but he was in a deep sleep, and wouldn't budge.

As Taehyung watched in horror, Jimin's ghost started to pull Jungkook towards him, his hands wrapped tightly around Jungkook's waist. Jungkook's body went limp, and he seemed to be slipping away from Taehyung's grasp.

Taehyung knew that he had to do something to save Jungkook. He grabbed hold of Jungkook's hand, trying to pull him back, but it was no use. Jimin's ghost was too strong, and he was taking Jungkook away from Taehyung forever.

In a final act of desperation, Taehyung reached for the diary that belonged to Jimin, hoping to find some clue that would help him save Jungkook. As he flipped through the pages, he stumbled upon a passage that caught his eye.

It was a letter that Jimin had written to Jungkook, confessing his love for him, and asking him to join him in the afterlife. Jimin had promised Jungkook that they would be together forever, and that nothing would ever tear them apart.

Taehyung realized that Jimin's ghost was holding onto Jungkook because he wanted to keep his promise. But he also knew that he couldn't let Jungkook go, not without a fight.

With all his might, Taehyung pulled on Jungkook's hand, trying to break free from Jimin's grasp. It was a struggle, but eventually, Jungkook's body gave way, and he was released from Jimin's hold.

As they fell to the ground, Taehyung felt a rush of relief wash over him. He had saved Jungkook from Jimin's ghost, and he knew that he could never let Jimin's memory come between them again.

But as they lay there, catching their breath, Taehyung realized that something was wrong. Jungkook's body was cold and lifeless, and there was a strange light emanating from his chest.

Taehyung looked up to see Jimin's ghost standing over them, a look of triumph on his face. He had taken Jungkook with him to his realm, so they could be together forever.

Taehyung was left alone, haunted by the memory of what had happened. He knew that he could never forget the love that Jungkook had shared with Jimin, and that he would always be haunted by their ghosts.

A/N
This one is really special because this is a story I came up with 3-4 years ago but never had the motivation to write. Hope you all enjoy.