Hitman

Jimin leaned back in his chair, eyes fixed on the city lights that danced outside his office window. It had been a long day filled with secrets, violence, and the bitter taste of morality. As a hitman, he was no stranger to the darkness that enveloped his world, but tonight was different. A call had come in, a request that stirred something deep within him, a request that blurred the line between justice and cruelty.

His phone rang, piercing the silence. Jimin picked it up and glanced at the caller ID. The display read "Anonymous." He answered, his voice measured and cool. "Jimin speaking."

"Ah, Jimin, I've heard a lot about you," a voice purred on the other end. It was a woman's voice, dripping with confidence and entitlement. "I have a job for you, one that requires utmost discretion and precision."

Jimin's eyes narrowed. "Go on."

The woman continued, her tone brimming with disdain. "I want you to eliminate my boyfriend, Jungkook. He has betrayed me, humiliated me. He dared to come out as bisexual, as if he could defy my expectations. I want him to suffer, to understand the consequences of his choices before you end him. And money is no object, as long as you make him pay."

A heaviness settled in Jimin's chest as he listened. He knew firsthand the pain of rejection and the burden of societal expectations. But as a professional, he also understood the code he lived by. He sighed inwardly, realizing that he couldn't deny the request. "Fine, I'll take the job. But remember, once this is done, there's no turning back."

The woman's laughter was cold, devoid of any remorse. "You won't regret it, Jimin. I'll wire the payment to your account immediately."

---

Days turned into weeks as Jimin began his twisted dance of manipulation. He watched Jungkook from the shadows, studying his every move, every interaction. Jimin couldn't help but notice the innocence in Jungkook's eyes, the way he lived life with an untainted spirit. The weight of guilt pressed on Jimin's shoulders as he thought about the torment he was about to unleash upon this unsuspecting soul.

Jimin started small, planting seeds of doubt and suspicion. He sent anonymous messages, revealing carefully crafted secrets and half-truths to shatter the fragile trust between Jungkook and those closest to him. He orchestrated chance encounters that left Jungkook questioning his own sanity.

As the days passed, the girl's demands grew more sadistic. She wanted Jungkook to feel isolated, to suffer the consequences of her bruised ego. Jimin reluctantly complied, his heart heavy with each step he took to break this innocent man.

But as time went on, Jimin found himself drawn to Jungkook's resilience. He observed how Jungkook's smile never faltered, even in the face of adversity. It was a stark contrast to the girl who had hired him, a constant reminder of the darkness that consumed her.

One evening, as Jimin lurked in the shadows, his resolve began to crumble. He witnessed the girl unleash her anger upon Jungkook, berating him with cruel words, mocking his very existence. The pain etched across Jungkook's face struck a nerve within Jimin, awakening a dormant empathy he had long suppressed.

Unable to bear witness to the girl's brutality any longer, Jimin made a decision that would change everything. He confronted her, his voice filled with anger and indignation. "You think you can toy with lives and emotions as if they're nothing? You're the real monster here, not Jungkook. Your entitlement and selfishness have clouded your judgment. Love should be unconditional, accepting, and nurturing, not a weapon to wield against someone because they don't fit your narrow view of what is acceptable."

The girl recoiled, her eyes wide with shock and anger. "Who are you to judge me? You're just a hired killer, nothing more."

Jimin's gaze hardened as he stood his ground. "Maybe I am a killer, but I refuse to be a pawn in your vindictive game. I won't be responsible for destroying an innocent person's life."

With those words, Jimin turned his back on the girl, leaving her stunned and speechless. He knew he had jeopardized his reputation, potentially putting himself in danger, but he couldn't live with the weight of this mission on his conscience any longer.

In the days that followed, Jimin sought out Jungkook, ready to confess everything and offer his protection. He found Jungkook alone, his spirit visibly fractured but not completely broken. Jimin approached him cautiously, his voice filled with remorse. "Jungkook, I... I need to tell you something."

Jungkook's eyes flickered with a mix of fear and confusion. "Who are you? What do you want?"

Jimin took a deep breath, his voice sincere. "I was hired to hurt you, to make your life a living hell. But I couldn't do it. I've seen the goodness in you, the way you endure despite the pain inflicted upon you. I'm here to make things right."

Jungkook's defenses slowly crumbled, and tears welled up in his eyes. "Why? Why would you help me?"

"Because no one deserves to be treated the way you have been," Jimin replied softly. "Love is not a weapon; it's a gift. And it's clear to me now that you deserve love, acceptance, and a chance to be happy."

Over time, Jimin and Jungkook forged an unlikely bond. Jimin became Jungkook's protector, offering guidance and support as he helped the young man rebuild his shattered life. Together, they faced the challenges thrown their way, embracing the power of forgiveness, healing, and love.

As for the girl who had set this dark chain of events into motion, she was left to confront the consequences of her actions. The weight of her bratty entitlement and the realization of the pain she had caused consumed her, leaving her alone with her remorse.

In the end, Jimin had chosen a path of redemption, finding solace in saving lives rather than ending them. And in Jungkook's eyes, he found forgiveness and the strength to heal his own wounded soul. Theirs became a story of shattered vows, but also of resilience, growth, and the transformative power of love.