The Dephts of Love

Jungkook was a young scientist who had always been fascinated by the sea. So, when he was offered a position at a research facility that specialized in studying marine life, he was thrilled. It was a dream come true for him.

One day, the facility director informed him that they had captured a merman, and he was tasked to study him. Jungkook couldn't believe his luck. He had heard stories about mermaids and mermen, but he had never seen one before. He was eager to learn everything he could about the creature.

When Jungkook entered the containment area, he saw the merman curled up in a corner of the tank, his eyes wide with fear. The merman was smaller than he expected, but he was beautiful, with shimmering scales that sparkled in the light.

Jungkook approached the tank slowly, not wanting to scare the merman. But as soon as he got closer, the merman glared at him, baring his sharp teeth and hissing.

Jungkook stepped back, surprised by the merman's sudden aggression. He tried to approach the tank again, but the merman lunged at him, biting at the glass with his sharp teeth. Jungkook jumped back, startled.

For the next few days, Jungkook tried to interact with the merman, but he remained aggressive and animalistic. Jungkook would often leave pieces of fish and other treats outside the tank in the hope of earning the merman's trust. The merman would sometimes take the food, but he would never show any signs of affection.

One day, as Jungkook was leaving a piece of fish outside the tank, the merman suddenly launched himself out of the water, grabbing the food and biting down hard on Jungkook's hand. Jungkook cried out in pain as he tried to free himself from the merman's grasp.

"What the hell?!" Jungkook exclaimed, yanking his hand back.

The merman quickly retreated to the corner of the tank, his eyes wide with fear. Jungkook shook his hand, trying to ease the pain. He realized that the merman was not just acting like an animal; he was actually scared and traumatized.

Jungkook started to approach the merman more cautiously, slowly building trust by leaving treats and interacting with him through the glass. Over time, the merman began to relax, and Jungkook could see his animalistic behavior subsiding.

As Jungkook spent more time with the merman, he began to feel a deep connection with him. He found himself thinking about the merman even when he wasn't at work, and he longed to touch him and explore his mysterious world.

One day, as Jungkook was sitting by the tank, the merman swam up to the glass and looked at him with a curious expression. Jungkook smiled, feeling a deep connection with the merman.

"Hey there, little guy," Jungkook said softly. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to learn about your species."

The merman tilted his head to one side, seemingly studying Jungkook. Jungkook continued to talk to him, trying to coax him out of his shell.

As he watched the merman swim around the tank, Jungkook knew that he had found something truly special. He was determined to protect the merman and help him overcome his traumatic past.

Over time, Jungkook and the merman grew closer. They would spend hours talking to each other through the glass, and Jungkook could see the merman gradually opening up to him. He learned that the merman's name was Jimin, and that he had been captured by fishermen before being brought to the research facility. Jungkook was heartbroken to hear about the mistreatment Jimin had endured, but he was determined to make up for it.

As Jungkook worked on his research, he found himself thinking about Jimin more and more. He couldn't help but feel drawn to him, and he found himself daydreaming about a life beyond the research facility where he and Jimin could be together.

One day, Jungkook made a decision. He would risk everything to free Jimin and give him a chance at a real life. He knew it was dangerous, but he couldn't bear to see Jimin trapped in the tank any longer.

After weeks of planning, Jungkook was ready to put his plan into action. He waited until the facility was empty, and then he snuck into the containment area. Jimin was waiting for him, looking at him with trusting eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" Jungkook whispered, his heart pounding.

Jimin nodded, and Jungkook carefully lifted him out of the tank, wrapping him in a protective blanket. They snuck out of the facility and made their way to the ocean.

Once they reached the shore, Jungkook gently placed Jimin in the water. Jimin swam around him, looking at him with a mix of gratitude and longing.

"Thank you," Jungkook said, feeling tears welling up in his eyes. "I just wanted to give you a chance at a real life."

Jimin swam up to him, nuzzling his cheek. Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat as he realized that Jimin felt the same way he did.

They spent the night swimming together, exploring the underwater world that Jimin called home. As the sun began to rise, Jungkook knew that it was time to go back to the surface.

"Will I ever see you again?" Jungkook asked, his heart heavy.

Jimin swam up to him, taking his hand in his own. Jungkook felt a jolt of electricity as their skin touched.

"I'll always be with you," Jimin said, his voice soft and musical. "Just close your eyes, and think of me. I'll be there."

Jungkook nodded, feeling tears streaming down his face. He knew that he would never forget Jimin, and that he would always hold a special place in his heart.

As he walked away from the shore, Jungkook knew that he had made the right decision. He had found something truly special, and he knew that he would never forget the merman who had captured his heart.

As Jungkook went about his work, he found himself constantly thinking about Jimin. He missed him terribly and longed to see him again. He would often take breaks and walk down to the shore, just to catch a glimpse of the ocean and imagine Jimin swimming in the waters.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, but Jungkook's love for Jimin only grew stronger. He was determined to find a way to be with him, no matter what.

One day, while working in his lab, Jungkook had a breakthrough. He had been experimenting with a new formula that he believed would allow humans to breathe underwater. He had tested it on himself, and to his surprise, it worked. He could breathe underwater just like a merman.

Jungkook's heart raced as he realized that he now had a way to be with Jimin. He quickly packed a bag and made his way to the shore, diving into the ocean with his new ability.

It didn't take long for Jungkook to spot Jimin's vibrant tail gliding through the water. He swam towards him, and Jimin's face lit up with joy when he saw him.

"Jungkook!" Jimin exclaimed, swimming up to him and wrapping his arms around his neck.

Jungkook felt a surge of happiness as he hugged Jimin back, feeling his smooth scales against his skin.

"I missed you so much," Jungkook whispered.

Jimin smiled, cupping Jungkook's face in his hands. "I missed you too."

For the rest of the day, Jungkook and Jimin swam and played in the ocean. They explored hidden caves, chased after schools of fish, and even swam through a colorful reef. It was the happiest Jungkook had felt in a long time.

As the sun began to set, they swam back to the shore, hand in hand. Jungkook knew that he couldn't stay in the water forever, but he didn't want to leave Jimin's side.

"Will you come back?" Jimin asked, his eyes filled with hope.

Jungkook nodded, feeling his heart swell with love for the merman. "I'll come back as often as I can."

Jimin smiled, pressing a soft kiss to Jungkook's lips. Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat as their lips touched, and he knew that he never wanted to let go.

From that day on, Jungkook and Jimin would meet in secret, spending their days exploring the ocean and each other's hearts. They knew that their love was forbidden, but they didn't care. All that mattered was that they had each other, and that was enough.