"Resilience"

3rd pov

Jungkook had always known that he was different from the other kids in the orphanage. He had no family to call his own, and he always felt like he was on the outside looking in. But then he met Jimin, and suddenly everything changed. Jimin was his everything, his rock, his home. They fell in love, and it was like the world finally made sense.

Jungkook knew that he wanted to serve his country, so he joined the military. Jimin was proud of him, but also terrified. They both knew that it was dangerous, but they never imagined what was to come.

Jungkook was lost in combat, and for months Jimin waited for news. When the news finally came, it was devastating. Jungkook was presumed dead.

But Jungkook wasn't dead. He had been captured by the enemy, and he had been held captive for months. When he finally escaped, he was broken and battered, but he was alive.

He made his way back to Seoul, to the apartment that he and Jimin had shared. But when he got there, everything had changed. Jimin had moved on, and there was someone else living there now.

He watched from the shadows as Jimin laughed and played with his new lover and his lover's daughter. He watched as they all sat down to eat, and he saw the way that they looked at each other. He felt like he was watching a movie, like he was on the outside looking in once again.

Jungkook didn't know how to approach Jimin, how to explain what had happened. He didn't know how to tell him that he was alive. He didn't know how to tell him that he still loved him.

He watched as Jimin's new lover kissed him passionately, and he felt a pain in his chest that he had never felt before. He knew that he had lost Jimin, that he had lost everything that had ever mattered to him.

Jungkook sat outside on the steps of the apartment building, smoking a cigarette and staring off into space. He didn't know what to do, where to go. He felt like he was completely alone in the world.

It was then that he heard a sound behind him. He turned to see Jimin standing there, tears streaming down his face.

"Jungkook," Jimin said, his voice choked with emotion. "You're alive."

Jungkook didn't know what to say. He felt like he had lost his voice, like he was drowning in a sea of emotions.

"I thought you were dead," Jimin said, coming closer. "I thought I had lost you forever."

Jungkook looked at Jimin, and he saw the love that he had always felt for him shining in his eyes. But he also saw something else, something that he had never seen before. He saw the love that Jimin had for his new lover, and he knew that he had lost him forever.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jimin shook his head. "Don't be sorry. You're alive. That's all that matters."

Jungkook wanted to hold Jimin, to feel his arms around him once again. But he knew that it was too late. He had lost Jimin, and he could never get him back.

He turned and walked away, not looking back. He knew that he had to find a way to move on, to find a reason to keep living. But he didn't know how.

As he walked away, he thought about all of the things that he had lost. He thought about his family, his home, his lover. He thought about everything that had been taken from him, and he felt the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Jungkook tried to move on, but he couldn't escape the memories of Jimin and what they had shared. He felt like a ghost, haunting the streets of Seoul with nowhere to go.

One night, he found himself standing on the edge of a bridge, looking down into the dark waters below. He didn't know how he had gotten there, but he knew that he didn't want to live anymore.

He thought about all of the things that he had lost, and he thought about Jimin. He wondered if Jimin would even care if he was gone, if anyone would miss him.

He closed his eyes and took a step forward, feeling the wind rush past him as he fell towards the water.

But then he heard a voice, a voice that he knew all too well. It was Jimin, calling out to him, begging him to stop.

Jungkook's eyes flew open, and he saw Jimin standing on the bridge, tears streaming down his face.

"Jungkook, please don't do this," Jimin cried out. "Please don't leave me again."

Jungkook looked at Jimin, and he saw the love and the pain in his eyes. He saw how much Jimin still cared for him, even after everything that had happened.

He stepped back from the edge of the bridge, and Jimin rushed forward to wrap him in a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry," Jungkook whispered, tears streaming down his own face. "I didn't know what else to do."

Jimin held him tight, his own tears mingling with Jungkook's.

"Please don't ever leave me again," Jimin said, his voice breaking. "I need you, Jungkook. I love you."

Jungkook felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. He realized that he still had something to live for, that he still had someone who loved him.