Omega's Rival

A/N
This is a cute and silly one.

3rd POV

Jimin was an omega, and he had always been proud of it. Being an omega was a big part of his identity, and he loved the way that he felt when he was around his alpha, Jungkook. They had been together for several years now, and Jimin felt safe and protected when he was with him.

However, there was one thing that Jimin could not stand about Jungkook's apartment: the calico cat that Jungkook had adopted several months ago. The cat was always around, and it seemed to have taken a liking to Jungkook, just as much as Jimin had. It was as if the cat thought of Jungkook as her alpha, and it always challenged Jimin for the position of Jungkook's omega.

Jimin hated the way that the cat would always jump onto Jungkook's lap when he was around, purring and rubbing her head against him. It made Jimin feel jealous and insecure, and he couldn't help but feel like the cat was trying to take Jungkook away from him.

One day, Jungkook came home to find Jimin sitting on the couch, arms crossed, and a scowl on his face. Jungkook knew instantly what was wrong. "Is it the cat again?" he asked, sitting down next to Jimin.

Jimin nodded, "I hate that cat. She always acts as if you're her alpha, and she's always trying to take you away from me."

Jungkook sighed, "Jimin, the cat is just a cat. She doesn't understand what she's doing. You know that you're the only one for me, right?"

Jimin nodded, but he couldn't help feeling angry. He didn't want to share Jungkook's affection with anyone, even a cat. Suddenly, the cat walked into the room, and Jimin glared at her. The cat stared back, as if daring him to challenge her.

Without thinking, Jimin stood up and walked over to the cat. He leaned down and hissed at her, baring his teeth. The cat hissed back, and Jimin could feel his heart racing. It was as if he was challenging the cat for the position of Jungkook's omega.

Jungkook watched in horror as the two of them faced off, unsure of what to do. He knew that Jimin was jealous, but he had never seen him act like this before. Suddenly, the cat pounced, and Jimin stumbled backward, falling onto the couch.

Jungkook rushed over to Jimin, checking to see if he was okay. "Are you hurt?" he asked, looking concerned.

Jimin shook his head, feeling embarrassed. "I'm sorry," he said, "I don't know what came over me. I just hate that cat."

Jungkook pulled Jimin into a tight embrace. "It's okay," he said, "I understand how you feel. But please don't act like that again. I don't want you to get hurt."

Jimin nodded, feeling ashamed of himself. He knew that he had acted irrationally, but he couldn't help the way that he felt. He hated that the cat was always trying to challenge him for Jungkook's attention.

From that day on, Jimin tried to avoid the cat as much as possible. He would stay in the bedroom whenever the cat was in the living room, and he would refuse to go near her. It wasn't ideal, but he couldn't stand the thought of facing off with the cat again.

As time went on, Jimin began to realize that his jealousy was irrational. The cat was just a cat, and she wasn't trying to steal Jungkook away from him. He had always been the most important person in Jungkook's life, and that wasn't going to change because of a cat.

Eventually, Jimin decided that it was time to make peace with the cat. He knew that he needed to get over his jealousy and accept that the cat was a part of their lives now. So, one day, when Jungkook was out running errands, Jimin decided to approach the cat.

At first, the cat hissed at him, just as she had done before. But Jimin persisted, gently petting her and talking to her in a soft voice. Slowly but surely, the cat began to warm up to him, purring contentedly as he scratched her behind the ears.

When Jungkook came home, he was surprised to see Jimin sitting on the couch with the cat curled up in his lap. "What happened?" he asked, looking both confused and pleased.

Jimin smiled, "I realized that I was being silly. The cat isn't trying to take you away from me. She's just a cat. And I think I've finally made peace with her."

Jungkook hugged Jimin tightly, feeling relieved that the tension between them had finally lifted. "I'm so glad," he said. "I never want anything to come between us."

Jimin smiled, feeling happy and content. He knew that he had been foolish to let his jealousy get the best of him, but he was grateful that he had been able to overcome it. With Jungkook by his side and the cat purring contentedly in his lap, he knew that everything was going to be okay.