Salew

chapter four

me and my mother separated after awhile of my crying, she said we would talk more tomorrow. I was put on a mission to try to enjoy myself, this mission was ordered by my mother.

so I did try.

I tried to dance with the other boys but I didn't get that happy feeling I use to have so I stopped mid dance. I tried to play with the children but not even that brought me some happiness. I did everything there was to do and none of it made me as happy as I use to be.

I realized that I would never be the same, never. How was I supposed to be? My stupid heart fell for a boy that was always in the middle of a war because he's a protector. He's an older brother, no running from the duties of it.

"You miss them too?" I turned my head to see Tsireya, her lips in a frown.

"they were a nice addition to home, really nice." I hugged her, our hair falling against each other as I let her just be sad with me.

What the beauty of the forest can do is enchanting.

"sooo you guys have helped us tame Ilu's, it's not our best thing. So we'll show you our skills on another creature of the great mother." I looked to my sister to see the same confused expression as me.

Lo'ak and Neteyam dragged us away from the village and told us they had someone for us to meet, honestly I was a bit nervous.

"ready?" The Sully boys gave one last look to one another before they let out these weird sorta echo sounds.

owh, owh, ay, owh!

Suddenly two large creatures flew out of nowhere, I recognized them from when they arrived but I never saw them so close.

The two colorful creatures flapped their wings, blowing gust of sand back as they landed in sync.

"Tam, tam Nìtx, tam tam." Neteyam approached the creature with gentle rubs on its head, his smile bright.

"Sìltsan Tuke." Lo'ak hugged his creature as well, calming her.

"These are our Ikrans. You get one when you come of age." Neteyam explained as he continued rubbing his Ikran.

"Don't look them in the eye." Lo'ak said suddenly, Tsireya and I quickly kept our eye contact at a minimum.

"want to fly?" my heart stopped at the thought. So high? I'm mostly use to the water, not so much height.

"Don't be afraid, we'll be right next to you." Neteyam was the first to jump on his Ikran, connecting their queues.

"We'll show you first!" Lo'ak hopped on his Ikran, quickly connecting the queues.

"Salew!" The Omaticaya boys then flew off into the air of the Awa'atlu village.

"woah!" Tsireya whispered as she watched the boys in awe.

Neteyam looked back to his baby brother, a bright smile appearing as his hair flew behind him, his head turning back to in front of him.

"Heh." Ao'nung chuckled as he watched them fly, the way the wind blew against their hair, so high up. They could probably see the whole village from up there.

"Ayea, ayea!" Lo'ak yipped as he spun around the cove.

Neteyam suddenly flipped upside down, using only his legs to hold him up. A trick that he's been learning to master since he was thirteen, him and his mother were the only two they could do the trick.

Her father taught her.

"Wooo!" Neteyam yipped, going to the low ocean as he put his hands on the surface of the water, skimming it as he flew upside down.

The boys suddenly stopped what they were doing and landed back down to the Metkayina siblings.

"Ready to fly?" Lo'ak asked, putting his hand out for Tsireya. "Yes!" She smiled brightly, grabbing Lo'aks hand and sitting on the Ikran.

"See you out there brother." Tsireya put her hands on Lo'aks hips and off they went.

Ao'nung watched as Tsireya smiled and laughed, her head laid back as the wind blew her hair out of control.

"Ready to fly?" Neteyam put his hand out for the ocean eyed boy.

"no but let's do it." Ao'nung trusted Neteyam, he hopped on the Ikran and held onto the others torso for dear life.

"Ay!" With that the two took off, following after their baby siblings.

Ao'nung slowly opened his eyes and he will forever remember the way his heart ached of happiness, his village was even more beautiful from above.

"My poeple!" Ao'nung pointed to the small people down below, his smile faint but pure.

"I'd knew you like it." Neteyam smiled as he watched Ao'nung look around his surroundings.

"Ayea!" Ao'nung let his head fall back, his bun loosening and eventually falling out. His hair now flowing through the wind as one hand was held out to his side, the other on Neteyam's waist for support.

the stayed up there for hours, flying.

Ao'nung nearly felt his heart explode at the memory. Tsireya could say the same but she just let her heart bleed out.

The ocean always aches for something.