date night

chapter six

Roxto and I walked side by side as we headed down to the fire where most of the clan was celebrating my eighteenth birthday as well as my soon taking over as olo'eyktan.

"You walk funny, have I told you?" I rolled my eyes, Roxto says my hips move side to side and apparently it means your like the 'malewife'? I chose to forget it but he never stops reminding me.

"Shut up and get us some drink's you sxkawng!" Roxto laughed at me as he ran over to get a drink.

I dragged Teyam into the forest part of our island, he was adorably admiring the surroundings as I dragged him along.

"Where are we going?" He giggled, his free hand gliding along everything in his path.

"Just come on, such a whiney baby." That earned me a smack on the back of my head. Forest Na'vi are so mean.

"We are not mean, you just say the wrong things." He always knew what I was thinking which I find creepy, mostly because no one ever knows what I'm thinking.

"Just shut up and follow me!" I dragged him even harder which made him start to run with me. We have a special night ahead of us.

I spun Rey'o around, her wavy hair flying like a seaweed skirt.

"Rey'o come, come!" Her friends stole her from me soon enough, she's a kid you wanna be friends with so she had quite a lot of them.

I enjoyed myself for the rest of the evening, once eclipse started it would be time for my ceremony. I would officially be olo'eyktan tonight.

I danced with Tsireya and my mother, enjoying my last night of being her 'little boy' as she says. And Tsireya says I won't be someone she could sabotage when bored since I will have far bigger duties than her.

I enjoyed the food and drinks, last night as a kid with some kind of freedom. That would be gone soon. But olo'eyktan was all I've ever wanted, it's a blessing in disguise.

I covered Teyam's eyes as we grew closer to our secret spot which was now decorated for this special occasion.

"Can I see now?" I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, "no, no, not quite yet." He sighed in frustration but obeyed as so.

Once we finally reached the spot I made sure everything was absolutely perfect before i let him lay eyes upon it.

Of course I leave my Ilu here and he tries to eat the food, ahg!

"No, no!" I ran over to him, telling him to stop and once he swam away i looked back to see Neteyam staring at the sight.

"Okay there was supposed to be a countdown..." i stopped mid sentence as he suddenly slowly walked around, his eyes wide of awe. "Do you like it?" I asked, trying to mask my nervousness.

"Do I like it? No." I could of sworn my heart stopped there, "i absolutely love it." Then it started up again.

"Really?" I was given a 'yes' replaced with the softest hug ever.