Stacked Baby Bodies

chapter twenty four

Everyone was getting ready, men and women at every edge of the island, the children and teens hidden away. Everyone was geared up with weapons, but Ao'nung knew that didn't matter. they were going to be slaughtered but he loved Neteyam too much to not believe they were gonna love one another in peace. "We're ready, eyktan."

men and women were in the water and the rest were ready to fight on the ground. Ao'nung joined everyone, Jake stood alone, something he hasn't been since he met Neytiri. A sudden presence was felt behind Ao'nung. There was a scent of trees and a bonfire. "You ready?" Neteyam asked. Ao'nung was gonna say 'no' but instead he turned around and hugged Neteyam for what he thought and felt was gonna be the last time.

"The atokirina's(sea)are back!?" someone yelled with a gasp. Everyone felt hopeful but the real hope of them winning this war, was felt when the forest atokirina's started appearing out of the fog and myst with the omatikaya clan.

"Is that them?" Ao'nung asked, gripping his spear, pushing Neteyam behind him. Neteyam chuckled, "No, It's my people, my clan!" Jake, Neteyam and spider all ran up to Norm and Max. "How?" Jake engulfed Max and Norm in a hug. "what do you mean how? neytiri called us two days ago, we packed up all our weapons and flew here as fast as we could." The kids and Jake stopped hugging and greeting their people, glanced at one another before telling Norm and Max; "Neytiri's been in a coma for a nearly over a month."

Before Norm, max, or anyone could say more, a Metkayina Navi ran up to Ao'nung. "There's been a sighting of the Sky People on the south side of the island, they're moving in fast, eyktan." Ao'nung looked to Neteyam who looked to his father, "right, we'll deal with this later."

Ao'nung looked to Neteyam, interlocked their hands, heads rested on one another, "we'll make it out of this, okay?" Ao'nung said, unsure. "Okay." They separated from there.

Everyone got in place, Omatikaya people were sent at the edge and center of the whole island. Even though they felt ready once they saw the ships appear from the mist, everyone's heart stopped, flashbacks, the feeling of loss. But it only united the two clans, anger and pain coursing through everyone's body. Jake looked to Neteyam, hating that he was there but Jake also understood why he was there; Ao'nung. Spider suddenly yelled; "Txopu rä ä si!". he told the people to have no fear.

"They stopped moving, eyktan." a woman said, addressing Ao'nung. Neteyam watched Ao'nung walk closer to shore, he then followed after, holding onto his forearm. "either they're strategizing or they're getting ready to attack." Neteyam said, letting a big breath release. Ao'nung snarled; "Everyone be ready to fight. Because this is our home. Our land." Neteyam let out a small hiss. "They will not take it from us, they will not take anymore from us, not now, not again." Tonowari let out his war cry, it was like dominoes from there. "OUR HOME!" Ao'nung grabbed Neteyam's hand and they let out their war cries together. Jake watched, seeing this all before, it's gone right and wrong but he had Neytiri with him every time.

Quaritch walked up to Varang, half the plan in action. "I'm about to get Sully's woman, your job is to get the eldest son. bring him back alive, got it?" Varang wanted to speak up on Quaritch but her mind was focused on killing as many Omatikaya as possible.

"let's head out. Start attacking when we hit the water, boys."

Jake used the magnifier in his gun to get a close in on what was happening, he hissed in a low tone as soon as he saw what they were doing. "They are about to attack."