your okay now

chapter thirteen

"You cannot just decide this!" I felt my mother's strong grip and weirdly I could already see her face, teeth bared, piercing eyes. This was gonna be a tough one.

"I have decided it though." I turned my head slightly, gritting my teeth.

"You have been training for this you whole life! And you are just gonna throw it all away, for, for a boy that is dead!" I think that was my last straw, I know my mother is hurt by the way I've been acting since we've found Neteyam but I'm not tolerating it no more. Not when she's constantly attacking him and blaming for him for my behavior.

I would of been hesitant about saying such a thing to my mother but she was pushing it "Do not say another word." My teeth were gritted and bared, ears lowered and my tail swooshing slowly back and forth.

"Do not speak to your mother like that!" Father yelled, finally speaking.

"Do not speak of Neteyam like he is nothing to me! You both know he is my everything. After he—he 'died' you know I was not the same. And I have never been the same. Never." I could feel my heart breaking because all I've ever wanted was to make my parents proud, to be olo'eyktan. The only thing's I have ever loved were my family, my people and my home. But then the Sully's arrived and he arrived. He changed it all, for the better. For the better.

"All you ever wanted-"

"All I want now is to have him in my arms again, to look in his eyes again, it's all I want and I-I do not care if you are disappointed with me! I do not care cause all I want is to have MaTeyam back! That is truly all I want so yes, yes it is decided, it is decided that I will be going to the forest with the Sully's, I will not be olo'eyktan!" My eyes stayed glued to my parents, watching their every expression, their every move, they had to know I was not just saying this. I meant it. I would follow him wherever he decided to go, I would take him wherever he wanted to go.

"He is awake."

I do not remember when it become more than a desire, I do not remember when his lips became more than me wanting to put them against mine, when it became me wanting to make his lips go up into a smile. I do not remember.

I only remember that I slowly found it hard to breathe without him, but I've found it hard to breathe correctly when he is near.

"What are you thinking about?" Even his voice has become more beautiful than the first time I heard it. "You. I am thinking about you." I couldn't help but smile when he smiled, his tail started swooshing rapidly and I could feel my heart pounding as he sat up. "Oh really?"

"Yes really." I grabbed his waist, pulling him onto my body. "Mm no see now I'm still mad at you." And before I knew it he was up and walking away. "What? Mad at me for what?" I got up, running after him. "You let those children torture me." Oh, he's mad about that.

"How can i make it up to you?" I grabbed his wrist, pulling him back towards me. "Mm—you can make it up to me by letting my mom and Tuk do the same, plus Kiri." I wanted to say no, I really did. Neytiri and Tuk I'll live but Kiri? She'd have a little too much fun but I said yes overall, I said yes.

"I forgive you then."

"Good. Now may I kiss you?" He nodded yes, painfully slow but the thing is he knows I needed to hear him say it, he was torturing me of course. Such a tease.