HOPE for ANSWERS

Chapter nineteen

Neteyam watched as his mother huddled behind a tree, Sky People closing in on her. She was contemplating on fighting or to just hope they wouldn't spot her.

"I'm in There." Neteyam whispered.

His Mother told him he was a child carried through a war. The last was against the Sky People. He was barely being developed but he was there.

Neteyam slowly approached his mother. Crouched down, her eyes big and full of fear. Her chest was pumping up and down fast, hands holding her fathers bow for what she thought was the last time. "It's okay mother, your okay, we're okay." Neteyam whispered, topping his hand over his mothers. And little did either of them know was that it was in that moment that Neytiri held back on attacking. Remembering she had a baby within her, Neteyam. Neytiri felt a presence back then, she thought it was just her brain reminding her of the child she had within her but it was the baby itself. Her hope and light years to come.

"Do not attack."

Ao'nung sighed sharply, coming back from patrol around 'Three Brother Rocks'. Things seemed to go downhill there so why wouldn't it happen again, he thought.

"Brother, mother, has news!" Tsireya shouted from the Mauri, her smile bright.

Ao'nungs ears went up, his tail rapidly before he ran to the Mauri.

"Mother?" Ao'nung asked, an anxious tone in the way he spoke. Ao'nung ran to Neteyam's side, caressing his face before making eye contact with his mother.

"I don't know why he went into this coma but he seems to be coming out of it." Ronal said, a smirk growing on her face as the giddiest smile appeared on her sons teal face.

"How do you know?" He asked, staring at Neteyam for signs.

"He woke up for a moment earlier." Mo'at said.

"What?" Ao'nung shouted, he looked back to Neteyam, praying to Eywa he would wake up in this moment just for him.

"His eyes opened for a moment before he went back to sleep. I think whatever he's going through is ending." Ronal explained, running around checking on each Sully, "I don't know how far the Sully's are but they should awaken soon if Neteyam is waking up as well." Ao'nung and Tsireya made eye contact for a moment, praying that the Sully's knew how far the Sky People and Ash Navi were.

"Anything out there yet, nung?" Tsireya asked, giving Jake a small sip of water 'cause his lips looked dry.

"Nothing." Ao'nung sighed. "It's causing havoc with everyone. People are scared and I-I don't have the answers for them." Ao'nung put his hands to his head, hissing sharply in frustration.

"If you cannot give them answers than give them hope, brother." Tsireya suggested, softly smiling as she walked to Spider to give him water as well.

"You'll be a great Tsahik, sister."

Neytiri grunted as another explosions hit the ground, causing them all to fall to their knees once more.

"We can't even walk!" Tuk hissed, sitting instead of trying to walk or crawl.

Neytiri tried to get Tuk to walk but she resisted. "We won't make it, can't we just wait it out!" She sneered.

"No, Tuk. We have to stay with Neteyam. Come on, it's almo-" Neytiri was cut off by the sound of HomeTree slowly breaking apart.

"It's happening!" Jake yelled. Grabbing ahold of Kiri and signaling for everyone to run. Jake and Kiri ran hand in hand, Spider and Lo'ak behind the two, both holding Tuk's hand to help her keep up.

"Neytiri hurry up!" Spider yelled, he took a second to glance back and he thought he would see Neytiri running with them but he saw her watching the tree fall, frozen still like a statue.

"Neytiri, run!" Spider let go of Tuk's hand and screamed for Neytiri. She wasn't moving, the tree was coming down quickly now.

"No, no!" Spider ran as fast as his legs could take him, jumping over trees that fell from the explosions. "Neytiri!" He screamed one last time before he leaped, pushing Neytiri and himself out of the way. "Come on, run!" Spider grabbed Neytiri's hand and they ran. Dodging trees and pieces of branches.

"Go, go!" Jake was worried for the pair but he had to get the kids out the way first.

"Spider there!" Neytiri saw a safe spot so she used all her strength and threw Spider to safety before jumping there at the last second, the tree barley missing her. "Are you okay?" Spider ran to Neytiri, helping her up. "Hurry!" Neytiri swatted Spiders hands away, leading him to the rest of the family.

"MaJake!" Neytiri fell to her knees, checking on the kids, hugging all of them. "Are you okay?" Neytiri turned to Spider, checking for wounds but he never gave her an answer. He stood there and watched as her eyes filled with worry, checking him for wounds. Caring for him like one of her own.

"Spider?" Neytiri cupped his face, the thought that he might have a concussion running through her head. "Spider are you okay?" Jake asked, running to his side. "Oh, sorry." He snapped out of his trance, replying quickly. "Yes, I'm fine." He was engulfed in the hug he's wanted for years, the hug of Neytiri.

"MaTiri!" When she let go of Spider Jake brought Neytiri into his amrs, tears threatening his eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked, hugging him back tightly. "Yes, you?" Neytiri nodded her head in response. The thought of losing one another was an unmatchable pain for the pair. Unmatchable pain.

"It's a lot worse than the stories." Kiri said, looking back to the aftermath of the attack.

Everyone stood up, eyes wide looking at the tree. Body's crushed, cries and wails filling the air along with the sound of the flames burning everywhere.

"Neteyam!" Lo'ak ran to a fallen branch and crouched on it, pointing to his big brother who was running away from the scene. "Let's follow him!" Tuk yipped, jumping over the tree branch running down the same path Neteyam did.

Everyone followed but before Jake could tag along Neytiri grabbed his hand and gave him a look. "What?" He asked, confused at what's stopping his mate.

"Look." Neytiri pointed to an eighteen year old her, running to find her father.

"Oh..." the pair shared a look before hurrying to stop their children from seeing such a sight.

"Mom hurry..." Kiri looked behind and saw her mother running with them but something was off. Her outfit was different her and she was a bit younger.

"Mom?" Everyone stopped but Neytiri kept running, yelling for her father.

"Don't go any further!" Jake yelled, Neytiri at his side.

The kids were confused until they heard cries in the distance, curiosity got the best of Tuk and she ran to the cries.

"Tuk, no!" Neytiri yelled. Neytiri passed the kids up and they couldn't stop their selves from following her, Jake gave up on stopping them at that point.

"Get away, never come back!"