YOU and ME

Chapter twenty two

Moments Earlier

Jake opened his eyes, sitting up instantly, panic filled his body. I have to get her out of there. Was all he had on his mind.

"Jake, calm down, your-" Mo'at tried to speak.

"No, no, you don't understand. She's gonna be in there forever, i cannot lose her." Jake ran past Mo'at. He looked around the Mauri for something to help Neytiri.

"You find anything yet, dad?" Lo'ak asked, helping Kiri stand up, Spider was carrying Tuk. Her legs weren't fully woken up yet due to being out so long.

Jake shook his head, "nothing." He groaned.

"What? She said it was handled?" Mo'at was hit by a wave of confusion. Neytiri wouldn't leave her kids. She wouldn't unless there was no choice.

"Yeah, what happened to you two having it handled?" Lo'ak snarled at Ronal, Kiri hissed at Ronal from behind Lo'ak.

Ronal sighed, walking over to Neytiri's unconscious body. "We exhausted every way there was to make sure you would all come back. There was just no way. When we realized there was no way, we also realized someone had to be sacrificed." Ronal looked up, the kids were all staring at her. Faces filled with anger and betrayal. "She chose herself. Said to not tell anyone." Jake grabbed Ronal's hand and yanked her to be face to face with him.

"Next time don't get involved with decisions that break up a family that isn't yours." Jake hissed. He would of never done that but he was fuming with anger and fear, fear Neytiri would be asleep forever.

"Tsireya get Neteyam." Mo'at ordered, trying to think of a way to wake her daughter.

"Yes, Moat." Tsireya ran off, oblivious to what was about to happen.

A Few Minutes later

Neteyam ran hand in hand with Ao'nung. A wide smile on his face, tail swaying back and forth uncontrollably.

"There they are!" Neteyam stopped himself right at the entrance of the Mauri. He was expecting everyone to be a bit shaken up from the sleep but everyone seemed to be angry and panicking.

"What's wrong?" Neteyem asked, squeezing Ao'nungs hand for comfort.

"Neteyem!" Tuk tried to run to hug her brother but Spider held her back, reminding Tuk that her legs were still asleep.

"Hey." Kiri quickly walked to Neteyam, instantly engulfing him in a hug. He hugged back right away, picking her up for a moment. "I've missed you." Kiri exhaled a shaky breathe.

"Hey, big bro." Neteyem let go of Kiri and he smiled at Lo'ak, running up to him with a big hug. "Oh, hi." Lo'ak laughed, not expecting a hug. "Hey, baby bro." Neteyem chuckled, snuggling into Lo'ak. Even when he was awake, Lo'ak never came to see him. He wasn't gonna hold it against him. He knew Lo'ak and he knows Lo'ak would blame himself for what happened. But Neteyam didn't blame him one bit. As long as Lo'ak was safe it was a successful plan.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, sxkawng."