kisses

chapter ten

"They should be getting the news by tomorrow." I nodded, not taking my eyes off of his resting eyes.

"Eventually you will have to—" i sent my mother a glare, was she serious? I wasn't taking role as olo'eyktan anytime soon. Not now. He's alive and what? Im supposed to continue like he isn't? That won't work, it's been four years and my heart still aches at the thought of him. Now he's somehow alive and I'm not risking anything, I'm gonna be by his side the whole time.

I'm never leaving.

"We'll talk later then." Mother left and I finally felt free. I could feel her eyes on me anytime we were alone, even when we weren't.

She's disappointed, angry but that won't stop me, not now, not ever again.

"Where do you think your going?" I turned around, rolling my eyes.

"To help them." I grabbed my spear but mother stopped me. "No your not. Stay here. It's too dangerous!" I yanked my arm away. My friends, my sister, Neteyam.

"Stay." I would of listened but i couldn't. "No. I'm going." I tried to dive in the water but mother grabbed ahold of me again. "Stay." My ears lowered, her piercing stare giving me chills.

"Don't disobey me. Stay, please." And so i did.

I sighed as I kissed Teyam on the forehead. Maybe if i had just went I could of protected him, he would of went home. He would of been okay. Tsireya wouldn't of had to deal with the trauma of staying with his body and being pushed around aggressively by the sky people. I should of went to help them, to save them.

"I won't make that mistake again." I went on with the day as usual. I did my duties around the village, checked in on Teyam after each duty. I played with the kids for a little. Telling them stories, playing them out.

I couldn't stop laughing, my stomach was aching from how hard I was laughing. "It's not funny!" Teyam groaned, the children decorating him with anything they could find, he looked absolutely miserable. "The princess needs a seaweed skirt." One of the kids brightened with happiness before running off to get one.

"We're gonna go get a more stuff!" The kids then ran off, looking for more things to decorate him with. "Get that stupid grin off your face." I covered my mouth with my hands, my cheeks hurting from how hard I was smiling. Teyam huffed, a grumpy expression on his face.

"Oh don't worry, your my favorite princess." I got up from my spot and straddled him. "Oh really?" He smiled, I rested my head in the crook of his neck, laughing at the fact that his tail was covered in seaweed. "They did you so wrong." I chuckled, I could feel his smile on my skin from his lips, rested along my neck.

"Shut up you sxkawng." I was still praised with kisses on my neck even though he was mad at my teasing.

"There back." I got up from my position and continued laughing at they covered him with much more ridiculous thing's they found around the island.

I smiled at the memory, I miss his laugh. I could feel the excitement rise in my chest just at the thought of hearing it once again.

I looked up at the sound of Rey'o's voice "Look, look what I've made him!" I smiled softly, grabbing the yellow flower hair piece into my hand. It looked like the flower he said his mother wore when she mated Jake.

"He'll love it."