Chapter 2- Vienna

We got ready and head back to the apartment. When we get there the movers are already waiting for us to let them in so they could start with the whole process. 

Once everything was out of the truck and the furniture was built they left, and now it's up to Mom and me to unpack everything. 

I start school tomorrow so we are going to try and get as much done as possible before then.

I walk into my room and am immediately overwhelmed with all of the boxes I have to get this done sooner or later, so I start unpacking while Mom does the same in her room.

-----------------------------

I just finished with the boxes in my room. All the romance books seem pointless now. Like when I bought them I was trying to buy into a lie, but I can't do that anymore. I refuse to. The thing the authors don't write is when one of the characters gets bored and leave.

It's not like what my dad did really fucked me up, it just showed me what 'love' really is like. It is not at all like what I would read in books. There simply is no happily ever after. That is why I am vowing off whatever love is, I'm not letting myself get hurt like my mom. I will not relive her life.

I think my biggest fear is being abandoned, not falling in love as I think more about it. 

Why weren't we good enough for him? What were we missing?

----------------------------

The rest of the day passed by in a blur, at 11 pm we were done unpacking everything. Luckily the movers built our furniture back up, so we didn't have to deal with that. 

It's finally time for bed.

I quickly shower and brush my teeth. I jump into bed, yawning like crazy. I fall asleep thinking about my dad. Was it my fault?

-----------------------------

Today is the day I start at Azalea Academy. Why am I so nervous? Since the second I woke up I've had this sinking feeling in my gut. 

I get dressed in the school uniform, which consists of a white button-up, a green pleated skirt, and a green cardigan with the school logo on it. We get to wear any pair of shoes as long as they are black so I chose to wear black mary-janes. I also put on a black headband to keep my hair out of my face.

I turn on maps and enter Azalea Academy into the search bar. It finally finished loading after about five minutes which is great, it's not like I'm already running late. It has me getting there in 15 minutes which is actually perfect, I might actually get there on time, I hate being late. I quickly speed out of the driveway following the directions given by the GPS.

I hate to admit it but I really live up to the stereotype of women being crazy drivers. I promise I'm trying my best, but I sometimes question why I have a license. It's not bad enough to where I worry for others' safety though, so it's really not that bad. 

I drove my light yellow, 2008, Volkswagen Beetle to the academy and immediately walked inside. I couldn't shake the feeling of everyone watching me, but I get it, I'm the new girl. 

Walking into the front office the lady at the front desk doesn't seem to want to give me the time of day.

"Excuse me"

She looks up at me and immediately looks back down at whatever she's doing on her computer.

"Excuse me," I said again, this time a little louder.

"Yes, how can I help you?" She says with a distasteful look that says she would rather be 6 feet under than talking with me.

"Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get my schedule?"

"Mhm," she says as if telling me to continue. 

"My name is Vienna Carter"

"Right well let me just pull that up for you." I'm surprised by her sudden change in attitude.

She prints out the schedule and hands it to me.

A-Day Schedule               

1st Period- English         

2nd Period- AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism.

 3rd Period- Creative Writing              

4th Period- Lunch 

5th Period- History

 B-Day Schedule

1st Period- Free period

2nd Period- Gym

3rd Period- Art (painting)

4th Period- Lunch

5th Period-  Precalculus 

"Sorry um, is today a B or an A day?" 

She seems annoyed that I'm still here, but she still answers with a simple "B-day"

I have a free period first, which is nice so I can sleep in on B-days, but for now, Im going to head to my car.

As I walk out of the building I see a group of people who must also have a free period because they are all hanging out around the water fountain at the front of the school instead of being in class. I spot the perv from last night in the group, and my heart drops knowing I'm going to have to spend the rest of the school year with him. He must feel me staring because he looks at me and I can't help but smirk when I see how swollen his nose is.

He starts to walk over to me but a girl with the shortest skirt I've ever seen jumps at the opportunity to kiss him, distracting him for long enough for me to make my escape and head to my car.

Once in my car I lock the doors and recline my seat waiting for the next period to start.

I think I'm going to shit my pants, but here goes nothing.

===============================

(934 words)

The next chapter is going to be Ezra's POV.