Chapter 30 - Vienna

Today was mom's first day back at work so Ezra and I have the whole apartment to ourselves.

We are standing in the middle of the living room, awkwardly staring at each other, not knowing what to do. Ezra breaks the tension with a laugh and says "Look we can just study, nothing has to happen"

I let out a sigh of relief for some unknown reason "That sounds nice" I say with a soft smile

"Perfect" 

I lead him to my room and sit on my bed taking my backpack off. "My birthday is tomorrow so you have to sit with me at lunch, not at the back of the school, I mean with Leslie and them"

"Whatever you want Star," he says staring at me.

"God, can you stop staring" 

"Why? Do I make you nervous?" he takes a step toward me with a smirk.

"No," I say dragging the simple word out even more nervous now that he is directly in front of me.

"You sure about that," he says leaning down so our lips are inches apart

"Positive"

Standing straight up again much to my disappointment, he says "Whatever you say, Star" 

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and focused my eyes on my hands which are currently sitting on top of my legs.

"Look at me"

I shake my head. I feel two fingers on the bottom of my chin then lightly force my head up. I quickly close my eyes smirking, so I am not looking at him.

He tsks and I can almost feel his matching smirk. I feel him lean down and lightly trail kisses all over my neck trying to get me to open my eyes 

It's not until I feel him trail his hand up my skirt that I open my eyes. "Stop," I say and he does so Immediately"

"What's wrong, did I hurt you?" 

"No not at all, I just don't feel well," I say not exactly wanting to tell him I got my period this morning.

"Okay," he says dropping the topic.

"Okay"

------------------------

Two hours later Ezra and I are sitting on the bed both doing our homework when I hear the front door close signaling my mom is home.

"Stay here,"

"Are you embarrassed by me," he says laughing

"No dumbass, I don't want Mom to freak out, so I'm just going to warn her."

"Okay, go along," He says with a shoo motion of his hand which I quickly swat with my own.

I walk into the kitchen where Mom is putting away some groceries. She looks up st me a a smile quickly graces her face.

"How was your first day back," I say 

"It was a little odd being in a new area but I still own the company so everyone was very welcoming," she says starting to put away the groceries again

"That's perfect Mom." I pause "_Just so you know I have a friend over."

She immediately stops what she's doing "Is it, Ezra?"

"Yes, Mom"

"Bring him down"

"Yes, ma'am"

I go to my room and say "She wants to meet you." Right as we are about to arrive in the kitchen I stop walking and say "Just so you know, she knows we are dating"

He also stops walking, turning to me with a small laugh he says "I expected her to know"

"Oh"

"Oh?" he says with his eyebrows raised.

"I thought you might be mad"

"Why would I be mad"

"I don't know"

"Exactly there is no reason to be mad," he says resuming walking

I follow him into the kitchen like it is his house. Mom greets us with a smile and walks up to Ezra and put one hand on either of his cheeks squeezing them like she does me. "You'll treat her good?"

"Yes ma'am" 

"Okay, you have nice people eyes, I trust you," she says and turns to continue putting away the groceries. 

Ezra turns to me in shock wondering what just happened. I just smile and shrug my shoulders knowing mom has a very good sense of people.

"You will have dinner with us" I hear mom say.

Ezra seems surprised but he still manages to say "Yes ma'am"

"Good manners, now go set the table"

I grab the plates and silverware and do as she says while Ezra stands awkwardly in the kitchen wondering what the hell just happened.

=========================

A little short but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you, guys, so much for 2.5 thousand reads, what the hell? Also thank you for getting this book to #1 in #Hockeyromance