Chapter 7- Vienna

Mom is there when I get home, waiting to see how my day went.

I tell her about my interaction with James and how Leo helped me, also that I'm friends with his sister Leslie

"You already made friends?"

"Mom, you are acting like I'm in the 3rd grade, it's embarrassing."

"How are you embarrassed, it's only me and you here" she starts laughing.

I soon join in and we end up ordering pizza and watching the movie 'Up' to celebrate my first day.

--------------------------

The next day I'm actually a little early for once, so I have time to stop by Duncan Donuts and get an iced caramel coffee. Coffee is always a nice way to start the day.

When I get to school Leslie meets me as I get out of the car. 

"So, how was your first day here? Any crushes?" She asks like a giddy thirteen-year-old.

"It was pretty great. And no I don't, I just got here." 

"Not even someone you find hot"

"Well that one guy, Ezra, not that I find him hot, but he seems interesting." she gives me a weird look as I say his name. 

"What," I say confused.

"I wouldn't mess around with Ezra or any of his friends. Well, I don't actually know about Ezra, but all his friends are, for lack of better terms, man-whores, and yes, that sadly includes my brother. You know, you are the company you keep?"

Okay? 

"Thanks," I say even though I don't particularly agree with her last statement. I'm not the class president just because I'm hanging out with her.

She shows me the way to my first class, English. She tells me that I'll have this class with Leo.

When I get to the class Leo pulls me to come to sit next to him, I find it odd how he knows how awkward this must be for me. 

He must read my face because he says "I have a friend who didn't always live here, he moved here in 6th grade, so I know how it is being the new kid, it's not fun."

I give him a smile and the teacher starts talking so we both turn and listen as she says we are going to start reading 'Animal Farm'.

She passes out books and starts reading the introduction out loud.

The class went pretty fast. All that we did was get read to, you can imagine how many students were asleep by the time the bell rang, Leo being one of them.

Leo walks me to physics and heads off to his class quickly giving me a hug goodbye. 

"Good morning class," Mr.Gordon says. "We have a new student today. Please stand up and introduce yourself, Vienna." 

" Hi, I'm Vienna, and I just moved here from D.C."

"Perfect, let',s get started," he says and walks to the whiteboard. " According to ThoughtCo, Electricity, and magnetism are two related phenomena produced by electromagnetic force. Together, they form electromagnetism."

He hands out textbooks for us to work on and goes to his desk.

"Today you will be working on page 259, please get started"

Ten minutes later I hear somebody walk in and it's Ezra, who walks in without a care in the world, proudly displaying the hickey on his neck and his ruffled I just had sex hair. 

Really, it's 9 am?

He comes and sits right behind me.

I turn back to my textbook and continue working, and that's when I feel a tap on my should.

I turn around and see Ezra looking directly at me. I stare right back with an annoyed look.

"What page are we working on," he asks.

"259" I turn back and feel another tap on my shoulder. 

"What"

"Can I get your number," he asks with a smirk

"You really have the audacity to ask me for my number when you come in here, making it obvious that you were just fucking another girl. Get Daddy to teach you some respect."

He looks upset when I say the last part and starts squirming in his seat. When his back accidentally hits the chair he lets out a groan in pain. What the hell?

"Are you okay?" I say, not being able to help myself.

He seems surprised at my complete 180, but still says "Yeah, I just took a bad hit in practice."

Practice?

I don't completely believe him, but I still turn around and get back to work. He clears his throat and does the same.

===================

I know this is a shorter chapter at only 739 words but I just want to thank you'll for the 50 reads.