Chapter 38-Vienna

The drive to Leslie's home was filled with tension. Not the angry kind, it felt almost sexual. 

Im not going to say I never thought about what it would be like to be with a girl, I just never imagined Leslie as someone I would even think of in that regard, but sitting next to her all I can imagine is the curve of her waist, the arch of her back, how she would say my name, and with every thought I feel my stomach tighten.

 I shake my head as If it would shake the thoughts away before turning to Leslie with a smile. We are sitting silently in her long, circular driveway that curves around a fountain quite far from the entrance of her home, it is safe to say the architecture was well thought out and I continue to distract myself with the beauty of it.

She must notice that I have turned to her as she does the same awkwardly smiling at me. We have never really had an awkward moment but sitting here with her in complete and utter silence is odd but is nice to have a break from the world. A break from others' questions, stares, and disturbing, but also intrusive curiosity.

I take in a silent deep breath and finally break the silence with a laugh. "Since when were we ever this quiet"

"When you started looking at me like that," she says causing a deep blush to rise on my cheeks. I gulp and turn away from facing her, now finding interest in the bushes in front of her extravagant home.

"Don't get all shy on me now" she says with a throaty chuckle that seems all too feminine and all-around divine.

I turn back to her with a glare "I am not shy"

"Sure," she says playfully ."We'll talk about this later," she adds as her mom steps out of the front door of the mansion and starts to walk over to the car.

We get out of the purple convertible, quickly grabbing our bags from the backseat. We meet  Mrs. Willow at the bottom of the stairs leading to the front door of the house and say our simple greetings before walking inside, escaping the chilly November air.

The earth of the home immediately engulfs my body feeling like a long-lost hug. While that may seem dramatic, if I wear a vigilante in a D.C. comic my enemy wouldn't be the Joker, or names in a little book, it would be the cold. It's not even my fault, ladies have a lower metabolic rate than men making us naturally colder so I don't really see a problem with my utter hatred for the weather.

I definitely get my theatrics from my father seeing as he could pretend he didn't have a side piece for who knows how long. Anyway... I follow Mama Willow and Leslie into the dining room where an after-noon snack has been prepared for us.

Yes, an afternoon snack, as crazy as it sounds rich people do in fact eat more than us 'regular' people do.

We all sit down at the table and grab small snacks on the charcuterie board.

"I know it's not a lot of girls, but it's going to be a while before dinner and I just wanted to do something for yall"

 I look at her with wide eyes and say "Trust me this is more than enough ma'am"

She gives me a smile and says her goodbyes before turning to walk back to the kitchen and continuing to make dinner. I grab a slice of bread and spread jam on it before following her into the kitchen to see if I can help her with anything, I look to Leslie to see if she's coming but she just shakes her head at me and side-eyes the charcuterie board telling me exactly what she wants to do

She turns to me and with a smile she motions to the pot of sauce on the stovetop "Can you stir that for me sweetheart?"

"Of course" I respond with a  smile

I walk over to the stove and do as she says. "That's all I really needed, why don't you hang out with my daughter"

"Yes ma'am"

Before I'm fully out of the kitchen she calls to me, "Would you mind telling me what's going on with Leslie recently"

"I'm sorry ma'am, but that's not my story to tell"

She lets me go with a nod of her head and I am off to the dining room where all the food is probably already gone. Yes, Leslie practically inhales food when she thinks it is good and just by the look in her eyes when I left I know she loved it.

======================

It's finally here! I know I promised a plot twist but we just aren't there yet maybe next chapter. Sorry for being gone so long kinda been out of it recently. Anyways, I hope you somewhat enjoyed the chapter and the next one might blow your minds lol. IM working on the next chapter now should be up soon! I'm sure you might be able to guess whats going to happen, maybe, maybe not.

-XOXO Lilly-Grace