Chapter 34 - Ezra

I arrived at school feeling like absolute shit. I'm extremely late, now being time for lunch, and to my knowledge, I look like I just got hit by a train. My sunken eyes manage to somehow to still be puffy, and my disheveled hair is a result of me running my hands through my hair a hundred times.

I make my way to the back of the school where I know the guys will be. I don't know how I'm going to explain but I know I have to tell them the truth but it doesn't make sense.

I walk to the table where I see the guys all huddled together making it a point to ignore me. "Guys" I plead

"What" Leo snaps, being the first to break the silence.

"It's just" I pause feeling embarrassed and stupid at the same time.

"I don't want to hear it, you're a no-good cheating bastard, just not who I thought you were," Leo says getting up from his seat. He looks genuinely disappointed in me which causes a pang in my heart.

'Look, it's not like that"

"Look it's not like that" Leo mocks interrupting me. I have never seen him like this but I have always known he doesn't put up with bullshit.

"Can you please let me talk? "I say exasperated. I continue when he doesn't object "Just to warn you this isn't going to make sense but it's the truth. I..."

"Go on," Rowan says. He has a sad look in his eyes, one I haven't seen since he first got here but I decide to ignore it as I silently thank him with my eyes.

"God this is embarrassing," I say not being able to get the words out.

Lincoln gets up from the table and walks over to me putting a single hand on my shoulder, "Take your time, I'll believe you" That simple sentence gives me the courage to continue.

I was at the party when I left because I got a phone call from Leslie's friend, you know, Matt. I don't know how the douche got my number but he goes on this rant about how I don't deserve Star, I mean Vienna, and how he would be so much better for her" I pause needing to take a breath.

Leo motions for me to continue and I do this time not pausing at all. "Anyways I didn't want to ruin Vienna night so I decided to just talk to him outside and try to resolve the issue in a less-than-nice way, but that part doesn't matter. When I got to my car Bailey was leaning against it with a knowing smirk on her face, she took my phone out of my hand like she was hot shit and I kid you not she said into the phone 'I got it from here matty-boy'. That alone made me want to throw p but what she said next was worse."

Tears start to gather in my eyes, "She told me she knew about my dad, that she would tell everyone about him, and I know I'm not supposed to care about him anymore, he's a bad guy okay but at that moment all I could think was 'not my dad, he never means it' so I gave her what she wanted, I kissed her."

I'm full-blown crying at this point but what I say next hurts more "The kiss only lasted a second but god did I feel terrible, it was how I'm supposed to feel after cheating but I always planned to tell Vienna she just happened to see it herself. I know I should have immediately told her why but I couldn't, not when I was still processing what had just happened. She was my person, my everything, and now I've lost her"

I'm sobbing when I feel the rest of the guys come up to me. Leo practically runs to hug me, squeezing me so tight I can barely breathe. Rowan awkwardly pats me on the back which is enough for me to cry even harder.

"That is normal you know, children will always have loyalty to their parents, sometimes even worse with their abusers," Lincoln says trying to ease me though it doesn't help in the slightest.

The bell rings and I decide I need to talk to Star. 

"Is she here?" I ask praying she is, that I haven't hurt her too much even though I know I have.

Lincoln shakes his head which makes my heart plummet. It's enough to make me nauseous knowing I'm the one to hurt, that I'm exactly like her father.

"She's at my house," Leo says.

"I can't hurt her more," I say deciding it is not a good idea to talk to her, I'm, like my father, all I would bring her is pain.

=====================

Double chapter, whose this?

You know I couldn't leave yall hanging. 

-XOXO Lilly-Grace