Chapter 4- Vienna

I just found out I have 1 engaged reader. I actually lost motivation for a little bit so it's nice to see someone adding my story to their reading list.  Writing this for you, hun. 

============================

As I see everyone from the water fountain pack up and leave, I get out of my car and do the same, deciding they probably aren't leaving just for fun.

I lock my car and start heading toward the school when I realize I have zero clue where Im going. Aren't they supposed to give me a tour or something?

A shorter, skinny girl walks up to me and asks if I'm Vienna, she says she's been looking for me and that she was supposed to give me a tour. That's just great, what the hell do I do now?

"Is it possible that you can still do that tour?"

"Um, actually I have to get to class," she pulls a piece of paper out of her bag and hands it to me "- but I got you a school map. I'm really sorry, it's just I'm the class president and I can't exactly be seen skipping class. Don't be shy, come up to me if you ever need anything." She gives me a nice smile and walks in the direction of her next class.

I'm mildly annoyed but it's not her fault.

-------------------------------

I find my way to P.E. and surprisingly I'm only five minutes late. The Coach doesn't seem too proud of that fact. When I walk up to him to explain while I'm late he just hands me my clothes with a scowl on his face.

I get it I hate being late too, but it is my first day.

Why work with kids if you're going to treat them like shit? He can't even say a word to me?

I quickly go to the girls' locker room and change as fast as I can. When I leave the locker room, the coach seems pleased that I didn't take forever. Okay good, maybe he doesn't hate me after all.

It's probably because I made it out before some of the other girls in there, but now I feel gross because I didn't take the time to put my hair up. Luckily I find a hair tie on my wrist so I tie my hair into a ponytail.

My ponytail is probably not the prettiest but it should get the job done.

We are all inside the gym when he takes us through the stretches. Once we're done he tells us to jog down to the track, I just follow everyone else. When we get to the track he tells us that we will be running 2 miles and I hear a chorus of groans around me. 

It doesn't seem too bad. Before moving I used to go on runs every night, or I at least tried to. I definitely missed a few days, or weeks, whatever you wanna call it. 

By the end of the two miles, everyone is out of breath except a small group of people, me included in that small group.

Coach comes up to me and asks if I've ever thought about joining the cross country team, when I tell him I'm not interested he says "Just think about it, the tryouts are in two months, and you have plenty of time to at least consider it."

To be honest I have lost all motivation to run ever since the whole 'life turning upside down' thing.

I tell him I'll think about it and begin to walk back to the gym where the changing room is located. As I'm walking back a guy approaches me. 

"I'm James." He holds out his hand for me to shake. I recognized him, from the water fountain earlier, he was hanging out with Mr.Perv.

"Vienna" I reluctantly shake his hand, a little worried that he's like his friend. Maybe he doesn't even know he's like that?

"There's this party tonight and I was wondering if you would like to go with me?"

Oh no, how do I say this without hurting his feelings "Im sorry" he visibly cringes "-I'm sure you're great and everything but I don't know you, and it's probably not the smartest, You know?"

"It's just one party"

"Yeah, it's one party I said no to"

"Come on, it's just one time" He grabs my wrist which makes me audibly gasp. In what world would that ever get me to agree?

Im about to do what I did to the perv a couple of days ago when we get interrupted  "James, you do realize you are making a fool of yourself, right? When a lady says no it kinda means no." he's speaking to him like he's a child.

 James's eyes grow wide and he quickly backs off muttering a quick apology. 

I look at the person who got him off of me and I'm surprised to see an attractive guy. He honestly looks like a Greek god, from his fluffy brown hair to his chiseled jaw, he's taller than me by about 4 inches, for reference, I'm 5'8.

"Thank you, but I could have handled that myself."

"I believe you," he says with a smirk.

"Nice to meet you, Im Vienna." this time it's me holding out my hand. 

"Leo," he says shaking my hand, with a laugh. "I feel so formal" he adds causing my cheeks to flare up with embarrassment.

"So, Leo, you wouldn't happen to know where the painting class is would you?"

" Yeah, I'll show you after we shower and change"

"Is that your subtle way to tell me I stink?" I say completely seriously even though I think it is funny.

"Yes, Yes it is"

I burst out laughing at that and head off to the showers.

-----------------------

I'm still a little shaken up about what happened earlier. Why does this always seem to happen to me?

I meet him outside the gym and he does exactly as he said he would and walks me to my art class.

Why is everyone staring at us? When I mention it to Leo he just laughs it off, he doesn't even offer up an explanation, then again maybe he's just as confused as I am.

I tell him a quick goodbye and a thank you to which he says "I'll see you around Vienna"

With that, I walk into my art class and am immediately in awe.

I don't know how the teacher got permission but the walls are painted to make it look like you are in a forest. The amount and time and effort this must have taken is crazy. 

A pretty-looking woman walks up to me and introduces herself as Mrs.Wright and says that her room is open during lunch so I can always come in here and eat if I want to.

"Thank you, ma'am. I love what you did with the room"

She laughs a little and says "That wasn't me, honey, a student from another class did it. His name is Rowan."

Now I feel dumb. At my embarrassment for assuming wrong, my cheeks heat up.

She tells me that I'm not going to be painting today and she just needs me to fill out a quick 'get to know you' survey. 

I fill it out, and after that, she tells me I can read. I pull out my favorite book at the moment, Orbiting Jupiter, and start reading.

Two chapters later the ball rings signaling lunch.

==========================

This chapter is a little longer but hopefully, you loved it.

Finding a way to introduce her to Leo took me forever. Please don't be shy, and please comment, I would love to know what you'll think