Chapter 12- Vienna

I'm pissed.

At Ezra but more so at myself. How could I be so stupid? I let him kiss me.

When I thought more about it I realized that the only reason he kissed me was that he wanted me to forget about his bruise.

Later that night I was no longer blinded by the kiss and could actually remember what happened before, and why I was so upset.

Now that I know, it's quite obvious that I shouldn't waste my time with someone who only kisses me to make me forget.

Fling or not.

Now it's Monday, and I have to face Ezra, but that doesn't mean I have to talk to him.

I walk into school with my head held high. I'm not going to let Ezra think the kiss affected me, even though it definitely did. He doesn't need to know that though.

I see him standing by his locker and when we make eye contact he smiles at me showing off his perfect dimples.

I try not to let him affect me anymore, so I turn away from him and head to my locker.

As I'm putting my books inside, I feel a presence behind me. This person puts their arm beside my head.

Just by their intoxicating smell and the butterflies in my stomach, I am one hundred percent positive it is him.

I turn around, taken aback by how close his face is to mine.

"What's up with us and this position?" he says with a smirk.

"Nothing memorable," I say walking away.

He looks hurt. "Those pretty little sounds you were making say otherwise."

I scoff and turn to walk away.

He looks confused and grabs my waist with his injured hand.

I look down at the bruise on his wrist and he immediately pulls his grey jacket sleeve down to cover it.

I feel a nagging feeling in my chest, but I know how he reacted the last time I asked him about it.

How can I just let this go, something is obviously going on.

"Do you think I'm dumb," I say bitterly.

"Come on, don't do this again. You know I don't."

"Why did you kiss me?"

"You kissed me to"

"That wasn't my question" I feel like everything that has been troubling me is being confirmed.

When he doesn't respond I turn around and start walking to my class. He is walking behind me and says "I didn't have some ulterior motive if that's what you're wondering."

We are outside now, secluded from everyone at the back of the school. How do we keep ending up like this?

I turn around to face him. "Then why, huh?"

"Cause at that moment it felt right, look, I don't know what you want me to say, obviously it shouldn't have happened, I didn't know you would react like this"

Why did I do this? At this point, I'm just embarrassing myself.

"You kissed me to make me forget about the bruise you are adamant about hiding, but guess what, you aren't fooling me. Not with your dumb excuses anyway." I say angrily.

He is slowly taking steps closer and closer to me, he gets so close that I have to start taking steps back until my back suddenly hits a wall.

"I don't know what it is, but I care. You don't have to tell me. I get it. You don't know me, but you should tell someone about whatever is going on."

"I know, but I can't, you cant either"

"How are you going to stop me"

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about it?"

His threat alone is enough to keep my mouth shut, he knows this too, and that's why he is smirking with a smug look in his eyes.

He is caging me in now. with both of his hands on either side of my head I don't really see a way out of this "I wanna leave" I say.

Surprisingly he immediately takes a step back and starts to walk away.

"What are you going to do to me" I call over to him

"Nothing for you to worry about, yet," he says over his shoulder with a smirk.

What have I gotten myself into?

===============

So the plot thickens. It's not going to be a bully romance, but there will definitely be things he does to try and keep her quiet.

Sorry for the shorter chapter.

Anyways what do you think? And we made it to 138 reads and 26 votes.

On that note, this chapter is dedicated to @r0ckstarsgir1friend for always reading and voting on my story. Thank you so much for your love and support.

P.S. I saw @cupidscutebuttdoing and it seemed super cute. By the way, her story, dread us is so good y'all should definitely read it. Henry gives me legit butterflies in that one scene

(767 words)