29 - Rainestrom

Loki watched as Astraea slept. She looked peaceful, and he adored that. He adored her. Things didn't go quite as planned, but nonetheless—and despite the hate in her heart against him—Loki still felt that small tingle of love within her. He had amends to make—something he's never done but felt more inclined to do so with her—before her small spark dwindled out.

He thought long. He thought hard, but with their soul bond becoming stronger with each passing day, it made a mess of his mind. Some thoughts would flow through his mind like the lips of an angel whispering through the wind. Pure and innocent. Those were not his, but hers. At a point, Loki wondered if they could communicate through their bond, a way only they could. But, after several failed attempts, he finally assumed their bond just wasn't strong enough; yet.

The loud sound of boots and clanks of metal rang down the small halls in the jail. Loki knew the pad of those steps; the proud and chest held high as knees come up and stomp back down like nothing can touch his Thorne steps, the steps of his father, Odin—shivers ran down his spine as his father came around the corner, a snarl on his face.

"Loki!" His voice echoed off the walls, and Astraea woke from her slumber. Astraea had hoped and prayed for Odin to come visit—to finally let her out of this prison cell—but she hadn't expected him to be so angry when he came. "Where is the DragonGlass!"

"I hadn't any knowledge of that." Loki spoke proudly, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Don't play with me, boy, where did you hide it?" Odin, clearly not playing into his mind games, demanded. Odin then glanced to Astraea, a gleam in his eye that made her stomach churn. "Open her cell."

Loki panicked, taking long strides to the edge of his cell. Astraea stumbled backward as the beam of light faded and three guards strolled inside before Odin himself did. The young girl swallowed the lump in her throat.

"My apologies that I have kept you waiting so long for a meeting, Lady Astraea, but I can assume you understand?" Odin spoke calmly.

The air around her grew stiff—suddenly she felt she was getting light-headed; and the only action she could master was a simple nod.

"Father I —" Loki was interrupted.

"Do not speak, boy, I am not talking to you." Odin's head swung around to Loki, the devil flashing in his eyes.

Loki stood tall; his eyes grew with mischief. "Yes, but now I'm talking to you, about that DragonGlass you so happen to mention earlier."

Odin eyes twitch and narrow on Loki. "Take her."

"Wha— no." Astraea stumbles backwards toward furthest corner away — as if that would help her cause in such a tiny cell.

"Where are you taking me?" Guards step forward reaching for her arms.

"Don't worry lady Astraea, no harm will come to you." Odin reassured but she felt nothing of the sort. The guards lead the young girl out of her cell and toward the door. Loki followed suit along the wall of his cell, his eyes never leaving hers. Astraea felt wary, clouds of blue grey floating through her emotions drowning her in a rainstorm. Her blue eyes dart to Loki just as she walks around the corner and out of sight.