11 - A Time

What would he have to gain?

She'd need a barging chip to get him to work with her. There was no way in the heavens he would willing do this. So the baring question was, how could she offer him a deal that he could not refused? A deal that he just wouldn't refused. Unless, and by the gods save her for this, she offer her hand in marriage to enforce his crown and become king. This was a awful plan, why would she willing try this and every logical thought was indeed screaming no but her hunger for justice was even bigger.

She could just as easily get out of this as she got into it, by simply saying I wish to wed Loki and then just take back her words the moment her mother's killer was found. No one hurt; only his ego. Maybe he would seek revenge but surly it wouldn't be no worst than salting her own ego? Astraea couldn't think those thoughts she had to gather her self and find Loki.

Astraea broke away from the familiar group of girls whom had always accompanied her during the events, in search for Loki. She couldn't believe she was truly about to commit a treason so great; she's only ever done one big bad in her life. And right now that's all Astraea could think about. It was the most exciting thing she had ever done and she remembered very vividly the day as if it was yesterday. Her only friend growing up was her fathers war chief; Thanos. Growing up royal on titan was different than growing up on Asgard. They did not have the safety these Asgardions do. In Titan  they always had to be on edge due to the fact Astraea's father wasn't known to be liked around the nine realms, his demands were to strong and his demeanor came off as powerful, but his only intent was to protect his family; but in that case it had caused  Astraea's childhood to be filled with lonely nights due their strict protocols and as a young child who was lonely and wanted freedom what better way to enjoy herself and cause a little mischief than to disobey and escape.

Her little self at ten years of young had managed to sneak past all the guards by climbing through air vents that scattered throughout the castle and found herself in the garden. It was a truly beautiful sight, flowers of ruby red rose from the ground, trees burning bright blue, and floating stars moved gracefully throughout the garden for light letting off this beautiful golden shimmer. The garden was filled with magic butterflies that carefully took care of the gardens they were Titans most sacred beginnings; they possessed the souls of those whom had been lost. The soul is a powerful force and Titans did not take souls lightly they harnessed them once a titan died and just transferred the essence into another life force; the butterflies. They were Titian's guardians; their ancestors watching over them guiding them when needed. The gardens were Astraea's favorite place as a child.

"Child, what are you doing out here?" Thanos spotted the girl child as he was heading to council room. "You know your father doesn't allow you to be out here unless I'm with you."

Astraea turned to him with a puppy look upon her face. "I know uncle Thanos but I was just so bored sitting up in the room I wanted to see the butterflies."

Thanos turned over his shoulder checking to see if anyone was still in the court yard. After a brief moment and he saw nothing but the magic,  Thanos turned back to the young child with a small smile, his hand extends to her. "Come child, walk with me."

Astraea felt like she has won this battle. Taking his hand, the two set off on a small lap around the garden. It was silent at first, peaceful and young Astraea was just enjoying the stroll but soon her boredom got the best of her.

"Uncle Thanos." The child spoke softly

Thanos eyes the child carefully, waiting for her questions as he knew her all to well.

"Why can't I come out when I want to? All the other kids get to."

Thanos smiled,"Because you're special my child, you are far greater than those other children and their protection is none of our concern."

"But why?"

Thanos stalked silently forward for a few moments, a content calm look placed on his face. "Because when you are old enough you will balance the uneven."

"The uneven?"

Thanos nods, "The universe is uneven child, to many things all trying to coexist. Its uneven. Everything in the universe needs balance your father is too foolish to see it but you my dear," Thanos strokes the young child's cheek "You will bring balance when the time is right."

Astraea was knocked out of her solemn thoughts as a waiter offered her another goblet of honey wine but she respectfully declined the offer. Her memories were peaceful and calm and at times she would always gather back to them but now wasn't a time to reminisce on her past she needed to find Loki.

Loki stood in the far back, a boat-shaped candle hung above his head in the dangling chandelier, casting dancing shadows onto the wall and illuminating the room with golden light rays. He had been standing in this far back corner for longer than he liked to admit, trying to avoid her. Astraea. Loki peeked down at his black shoes, a million thoughts coursing through his brain, a million questions and plots that he could easily come up with as they sat right dead center of his mind; but those thoughts couldn't stay longer than a minute as one very large thought just swiped them away and made itself dead center.

Her. He couldn't stop thinking about her. What he had done to her. Why? He questioned. Why was he so caught up on her mere existence? What made her soul so appealing to his deep and inner self?

"What are you plotting?" Thor muttered beside Loki, as he stepped into his line of sight.

"Plotting?" Loki said blandly, forcing a smile.

Thor eyed his brother carefully, fully knowing Loki too well. "Please, Loki."

"Please what? Please plot something, well that should only take a f-"

Thor stepped forward, pushing himself nearly onto Loki with a stern and set face, his feet mere inches away from stepping on Loki's. "Loki," Thor's voice was deep and dark. "I will say this only once and once only. I-"

Loki rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Stay away from Astraea, we are to be married soon and I can't have you plotting something to ruin it."