1 - Asgard

When Astraea was eight she was told by her father she would marry for an alliance

When Astraea was eight she was told by her father she would marry for an alliance. "You will marry Thor, Son of Odin, for your people." He had told her. And being eight she truly believed it was for her people. Not to stop a war that that has been raging on for more than a century. All her childhood, Astraea would imagine her married life. She would picture her husband - Thor - and how strong and handsome he would be. She would picture their children, playing in the gardens of Asgard. She had everything pictured in her mind to the very point. This fantasyland.

As she walked the beach in the night, with the blue moon sparkling in the ripples of the water she thought back to the very night her father had announced her marriage. That night was sneaking into mind and weighing on her heart heavy. In just mere hours she would be on her way to Asgard to meet her husband. Was he going to be everything she's been picturing for all these years? She only hoped. For a moment she was tempted to change her mind, run away and never been seen or heard of again. She wanted to give into the tiny part of her soul that was dreaming of seeing all the realms, every inch of the galaxy. But she knew better than that. Her people were counting on this alliance to better not only her realm but all nine of them.

"I knew I'd find you here." A gentle, loving voice spoke behind Astraea. Fully knowing it to be her mother, Eos. "You always loved the water, I remembered one time when you were little you had asked 'mommy, why am I not the goddess of seas?'."

Her words ushered Astraea into a world that only existed in the delicate, peaceful land of lucid memories. Astraea closed her eyes, remembering the sweet moment that a mother and child shared. The sunlight came into view, the light shining on the water causing a reflection, then she heard her mother's laughter. A small child running along the shores, her white dress blowing with the breeze. The younger version of Astraea, running into her mother's arms as her innocence words spoke with the wind.

"Mommy, why am I not goddess of the sea?"

Eos smiled at her daughter. "Because you are meant for something greater, my sweets." She begin.

"What if I don't want to?" Said Astraea.

"When you are older and wiser you will realize your innocence is meant for greatness. People will love and honor you, call out to you when in need, hold out their children for your blessings, and throw roses at your feet. You will be greatness. My child, you will be the wife of Thor, God of Thunder."

Astraea pulled her mind back to the now. "Will I love him?" She asked, her palms sliding down her white satin dress.

Eos stood still. He daughters question flooding her mind, will she love him? Eos wanted to believe her only daughter would find love in a man she'd never met. She's heard stories of such happening plenty of times, but still she worried. This was her only child's happiness she was indeed toying with and the questions of Did we make the right choice? Will he love her? Will he respect her? Will she love him back? Was this the right choice? Kindled in Eos's mind like that of a wild fire.