34 - Our Souls

"Mommy, did Mr. Stark figure out what was wrong with you?" Mason came running to his mother as Tony and Astraea came out of the labs. Tony glanced at Astraea in a way that said, 'it's finally time to tell him about his father,' and she knew it was true. With a simple nod toward Tony, Astraea pulled her small child to the side to explain to him who he was and who his father truly is.

Astraea took a deep breath and began to explain the situation to Mason. She told him about his father, Loki, the God of Mischief, and how they met and fell in love. She shared with him the incredible powers that his father possessed and how those powers were a part of Mason as well.

As she spoke, Mason's eyes grew wide with amazement and wonder. He had always known that his mother was special, but he never imagined that his father was a god. He listened intently as she told him about the adventures they had shared and the battles they had fought together.

After Astraea finished explaining everything to Mason, he sat there silently, taking it all in. He had so many questions, but he knew that this was just the beginning of a long journey. He looked up at his mother and smiled, finally understanding the weight of the secrets she had been carrying all these years.

"I'm a god," Mason said, a light smile on his face.

"Yes, but don't let this get to your head, okay," Astraea smiled at her son and ruffled his hair. "Now I have some bad news, you're going to stay with Isabel for a while. Mommy has to do something."

Mason looked confused. "What? Why? I don't want you to leave."

"Mason, I'm going to get your father," Astraea said, her voice filled with determination. She knew it was time to face Loki and tell him about their son.

Mason's eyes widened, and he nodded in understanding. He hugged his mother tightly, and she promised to return as soon as she could. She knew that this would be a difficult journey, but she was determined to reunite her family.

Astraea walked out of the lab with Tony by her side, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead. She knew that she had Tony's support and the love of her son, and that gave her the strength to take on whatever the future held.

It took Tony Stark days, and countless hours of trying everything he could to figure out how to make a bridge realm between Earth and Asgard, but once he realized 1x1=1.5 in Asgard math, the problems seemed to flow easily.

"Yes! Finally!" Tony cheered, causing the raven-haired girl to jump from her sleep.

"What!?"

"Congratulations, Mr. Mischief, you're going home," Tony said with a grin, his eyes gleaming with the satisfaction of a genius finally cracking the code.

Astraea's heart pounded in her chest as she stood before the portal Tony had created. The thought of seeing Loki again after all these years filled her with a mix of excitement and trepidation. She took a deep breath and stepped through the shimmering gateway, feeling the familiar tug of magic as she was transported to Asgard.

The moment she arrived, a sharp pain shot through her body. She cried out as the Asgardian atmosphere seemed to burn her skin, and she collapsed to her knees. The teleporting had hurt more than she had anticipated, and she could feel the toll it had taken on her body.

As she struggled to her feet, she could see the grand halls of Asgard around her. The familiar sights and sounds of her former home brought a wave of nostalgia, but the pain in her body was a constant reminder of the price she had paid to return.

She found herself in the maids' room and she took this as a chance to switch clothing to something more Asgardian and not earthly, leaving her jeans and T-shirt behind. As she donned the flowing gown of her homeland, she felt the pain slowly start to ease from her body, but she also felt something else. She felt magic and a familiar icy stab in her chest, which she knew was Loki. She wondered if he was still in jail, if Odin had released him after she left.

Carefully, Astraea wandered the halls, curious. Not much had changed, and that made her feel welcomed. She heard voices and cheer in the courtyard, but she ignored them as she kept heading to Loki's room, praying that he was there.

As she approached his room, she could feel the magic emanating from within. She hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to expect, but she knew she had to face him. She pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Loki was there, sitting at a table with a book in his hand. He looked up as she entered, his eyes widening in disbelief. For a moment, they just stared at each other, the air thick with unspoken emotions.

"Astraea?" he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of shock and longing.

"Loki..." she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Loki closed the book between his palms. He could swear he was seeing a ghost. No, this couldn't be her; she was gone, like gone. Loki stood to his feet. "Wha— how?"

Astraea felt embarrassed, and her cheeks grew red. She looked away for a moment, then back at Loki, only to find him closer than he was before. "Odin..." was all the words she could muster out.

Loki clenched his fists, feeling the best rise in his face. He knew his father had something to do with it. He knew Astraea wouldn't have willingly left when he knew her loyalty to her people and her determination to be queen.

"My father made you leave?" Loki clarified.

"He sent me to Midgard," Astraea spoke, leaving out the part about their son.

As the realization of their situation washed over them, the tension in the room seemed to grow. They stood there, staring at each other, their unspoken longing and desperation growing with each passing moment.

Finally, Loki couldn't take it anymore. He stepped forward, closing the distance between them, and wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her close, and she melted into his embrace, feeling the cold temperature of his body against hers.

He leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was soft and tender at first, but it quickly grew in intensity. It was a kiss filled with longing and desperation, a kiss that spoke of the years they had spent apart and the love they still shared.

Astraea wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She could feel the heat of his body against hers, and she could feel the beat of his heart as it pounded in his chest.

They kissed for what felt like an eternity, their lips moving together in perfect harmony. Finally, they pulled apart, breathless and flushed.

"I missed you," Loki said, "I never meant to hurt you."

"I know." She mumbled against his lips, and from the bottom of her heart she knew he truly never wanted to hurt her.