2 - The Calm Before The Storm

Astraea is nestled in a window seat, engrossed in a book, when Eos interrupts her with a question about her walk with Thor in the gardens

"How was your walk with Thor in the gardens?" Eos asks, her voice filled with curiosity.

Astraea glances up from her book, slightly annoyed at the disruption, and responds with a smile, "It was pleasant."

Eos nods, satisfied with her daughter's answer, and then asks, "Good. I should hope you two are getting on quite well then?"

Astraea, sensing her mother's prying, raises an eyebrow and asks, "Mother, are you prying?"

Eos's smile widens, just the tiniest bit, as she responds, "I'm your mother, am I not allowed to ask how my daughter's happiness is?"

Astraea, understanding that her mother's concern goes beyond mere curiosity, reassures Eos that she is indeed happy.

Eos, however, reveals her own painful past, saying, "I suppose I just want to know if he is good to you, if you like him. I cannot express how excruciating it is to be a queen and unloved by her king."

Astraea, shocked by this revelation, asks, "Mother? You are not speaking of father, are you?"

Eos shakes her head, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness and nostalgia. "I'm not speaking of your father," she says, pausing as memories flood her mind. "I was married before him."

Astraea is stunned by this revelation. She had always assumed her father was the only man her mother had ever loved. Now, she wonders about the man who had caused her mother such pain and the story of their ill-fated marriage.

The sound of boots clicking against the flood brought the two girls from their talk. Both sets of eyes moving to the doorway where a guard stood. "Forgive me for the intrusion, dinner is ready in the great hall."

  Astraea enters the great dining room in Asgard, accompanied by her mother, Eos. The large doors are opened by Asgardian soldiers, revealing a room adorned with ancient carvings that tell the tales of Odin.

Astraea gazes at the intricate carvings above her, mesmerized by the stories they hold. She then looks ahead to see her father, Thor, and Odin seated at the table.

Odin, the Allfather, clasps his hands and announces, "Aha, good. We're all here."

Astraea takes in the rich and unique scent that fills the air, a blend of various food smells that causes her stomach to growl. The air in Asgard is different from the sweet fragrance of Olympus, where the scent of roses dominates due to the gardens her mother and father planted for her. The atmosphere in Asgard is more complex, a bittersweet mix of flavors that creates a sensual experience around her.