Chapter 9

McKenna pov

I haven't seen Nicklaus since I started my shift 3 hours ago. Which I found weird since I am his P.A.

For the past 3 hours I've been going over papers, answering phone calls, and scheduling appointments for Nick.

Nick... Since I seen him again for the first time in 9 years I haven't been able to get him out my head. Then when I ran into him (literally) it brought back the memory of when we first met.

I shook my head clear when I heard him coming towards the adjoining door.

My heart started to beat a little faster and I felt that familiar sensation from all those years ago.

"How are you doing in here?" he asked when he walked in. Without knocking.

"Pretty good. I finished all the paper work you needed and you have a conference tomorrow at 3 O'clock."

He nodded but didn't say anything. He just stood there in front of my desk looking deep into my eyes to a point where I couldn't look away. I was trapped in the beauty of his eyes.

For several minutes neither of us said anything. My heart started to beat even faster and harder and I know he could hear it.

I heard his heart rate pick up as I sensed his breathing change also.

"Would you like some lunch" his deep voice pulling me out of the daze I was in.

"Sure" I said softly.

"Great. Let's go" He gestured for me to walk ahead of him and I did. I felt his hand on the smalls of my back and my breath hitched a little. I heard him slightly chuckle and I was once again reminded how cocky he is.

Oh lord what am I getting myself into...