Chapter 14

It's been a week since Nicklaus found out who I was. He didn't ask any questions, didn't treat me any different, didn't even look at me differentially. Nothing changed, it was work as usual.

It is Monday morning and when I pulled into the private parking for employees only, I was surprised to see Nicklaus waiting at the elevator. Actually I wasn't surprised I sensed him before I even got to the building.

When I got out the car Nick started to walk towards me. Just breath, I told myself as I closed my car door.

"So, do I call you Scarlett or McKenna?" he asked with no emotion in his voice.

I frowned slightly, "McKenna. You can call me McKenna" without another word I walked around him and headed to the elevator. When I pushed the button to call down the private elevator I felt him standing right next to me.

Damn he's gotten faster... And quieter.

I didn't say anything as we got into the elevator. When the doors closed and we started to move up he pushed the emergency stop button making the elevator came to a jolting hult.

"What are you doing?" I asked annoyed.

"We need to talk" he turned and looked at me seriously.

"About"

He frowned at me, "You know about what" he was just about to say something when a voice over the intercom said, "Is there a problem with the elevator sir?"

Never taking his eyes off me he said, "No everything is fine, me and Ms. Maxwell just need to have a conversation. Go take your break" the way he said it I knew he really meant, go away and don't listen. "Yes sir" and that was that.

"How have you been" he said with an unexpected softness.

"Well. I've been well"

He nodded, "Did you leave Texas after I left?"

"No"

"I tried getting in contact with you but no one knew where you were and I couldn't find your name registered anywhere" he paused, "After high school you were no where to be found"

"I used McKenna Maxwell after high school for everything I did"

"Why did you change your name?" he asked me again.

"I didn't" he didn't say anything, he just looked at me with a look of disbelief, "Mckenna is my real name" is all I said and was going to say.

After that he didn't say anything. He slowly walked back towards me, when he got in front of me he cupped my face and softly said, "I never thought I would see you again"

Just like 9 years ago I got lost in his beautiful hazel green eyes. I couldn't tear my gaze away from him.

He gently stroked my cheek with his thumb and slowly leaned his head down towards mines. My heart rate spiked and I knew he knew because he slightly smiled.

His lips touched mines and the familiar fire was still there but even hotter. It started off soft and gentle our lips barely touching. My arms automatically went around his neck. He pulled me closer to his body deepening the kiss, making my body come alive like only he could.

His hands traveled down my back and gripped my ass. I let out a soft moan from the sheer pleasure of kissing him again. Part of me absolutely loved it and another part hated myself for giving in to him so easily as if the past 9 years never happened.

Our tongues tangled together and the sounds of our lips locking filled the elevator. He backed me up against the elevator wall and lifted me so that I wrapped my legs around his waist.

I could feel his arousal pressed against my stomach and I moaned into his mouth yet again.

"Scarlett" he murmured against my lips.

Cold hard reality slapped me in the face and I pushed him off me with a lot more force than I intended to. It caught him off guard and he went flying to the other side off the elevator but his instincts kicked in and he stopped himself before he hit the wall on the other side.

Both of us breathing heavily we stood and started at each other for a while. After a while he walked over to the buttons on the elevator and pushed the button to get the elevator moving again. Neither of us spoke to each other the whole ride up.

I'm screwed...