Chapter 30

McKenna pov

After work I drove home to find Kamille waiting for me in the living room.

"How come daddy didn't came with you?"

She asked sensing he wasn't here before I even got through the door, "Hey to you too Millie"

She gave me a hug, "Sorry mommy"

I laughed "It's okay", I sat my bag and keys on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen.

"How was work" asked Ranae who was sitting on my dads lap at the kitchen table.

"Good" I turned to the refrigerator and got a bottle of water out and turned back around to see them kissing passionately, "Ew aren't y'all to old to still be doing that"

They both laughed but didn't take their eyes off each other.

"We have something to tell you, both of you really" Ranae stated timidly.

"Please don't tell me you're pregnant"

"No child now hush" I laughed and Ranae continued, "Michael and I decided that it's time yall had your own place"

"Y'all are kicking us out" I started shocked. Even though I knew I had enough money saved up to get my own place and could take care of Kamille perfectly fine by myself I still felt some way about it.

"Y'all are leaving me" Kamille said sadly.

"No sweetie, we aren't leaving you and no we aren't kicking you guys out. We are the ones who are actually moving out. "That way" she said getting of my dads lap to go comfort Mille, "you can have 2 rooms an twice the drawing supplies"

Her face lit up at the sound of that, she was no longer sad they we leaving.

I told Kamille to go to her room to give me and her grandparents some privacy and she left without any argument.

"Have you found a place?"

"Actually we have" Michael said, "it's a simple one level house, three bedrooms, two baths, and it's in a great neighborhood"

"When are y'all leaving"

"Once we get all the paperwork finalized, we should be able to move in in a couple weeks"

"That soon" I said kind of sad about them leaving so soon.

"Kenna" my dad said getting up, "You are 24 years old, you have a daughter, and I think it's time you guys were on your own"

I understood what he meant and he was right, It's time I've learned to be independent.

"You're right dad" I smiled and gave him a hug, Ranae was sitting at the table watching the embrace, I didn't want her to feel left out so I opened my arms to her too. She willing got up and gave me a tight hug.

"Now be honest" I said trying to control my laughter, "You both are tired of trying to get it in before Kamille gets home from school"

They both started laughing but neither denied what I said.

After we talked a little more I headed upstairs into my room to find something to wear tonight for my date. I can't believe I'm doing this, I thought but still smiled.

I heard my phone vibrate on the bed side dresser, when I looked it was a text message from Klaus.

Pick you up at 9 from Trent house. I told him we would drop Kamille off over there tonight, I hope you don't mind.
- Klaus

No I don't mind.
- McKenna

Make sure she pack some clothes just in case she wants to spend the night if that's okay with you as well. They said it was fine if she do.
-Klaus

I don't have a problem with that at all either. See you at 9 ;)
-McKenna

I waited a few minutes to see if I get a reply but nothing came so I sat my phone back down and went into my closet to find something to wear.

"I don't even know where we are going"

I sensed my dad at my door an cursed under my breath cause I know he heard me, "Where who's going"

"Klaus and I" I was still looking through my closet for something to wear and haven't glaced at my dad.

"Y'all are going out tonight"

"Yes"

I felt like a teenager again, being scolded.

"Have fun"

I was shocked at what my dad just said, I poked my head out the closet to look at him and he had a small smile playing on his lips, "Have fun?"

"That's what I said" then he just turned and walked out the room down stairs.

I guess I'm going to have fun....