Chapter 16

McKenna pov

When I got home Kamille was there waiting for me and jumped into my arms the second she saw me.

"MOMMY!" She squealed, squeezing me around the neck. I gave a slight groan from the sudden impact of her. She wasn't exactly little anymore.

"Any harder sweetie you're gonna break my neck" I said playfully to her but she was really hurting me.

My baby is getting so strong... I thought proudly but also kind of sad because I knew that meant she was getting older too.

"Sorry mommy. I just missed you so much" Kamille said hoping off me.

I bent down to her level and spread my arms wide open, "come here" we hugged each other again tightly.

She released me and took off into her room, she returned seconds later with a picture. She handed it to me and when I saw it my breath was taken away.

It was a picture of Nicklaus and I in a loving embrace. My arms were around his neck while his were around my waist and we were looking at each other with so much love and affection that it made it feel like she had taken the picture instead of drawing.

The picture was absolutely beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. She got every detail of him right. Even though she has only seen him in pictures.

"Kamille, this is beautiful"

She smile so brightly that it lit up the whole room, "Yay you like it!!"

"No, I don't like it" she got sad ,"I LOVE it" I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"When did you do this?"

"I finished it today. I started on it 2 days ago"

I was completely amazed and proud of my little girl. She is incredibly talented. This doesn't come from being a hybrid. This is just God giving talent.

"I'm so happy you like it mommy"

My dad was standing in the door way of the kitchen watching our interaction together. "Kamille may I speak with your mommy"

She nodded then ran off to God knows where.

"She's getting so big" I said looking in the direction in which she ran.

"She is. How's work going?"

I knew he was asking me how are things with Nick going.

"Good. In fact I have to pack for a business trip we are going on"

"Business trip"

"Yes dad. A business trip" I said a little annoyed and he laughed. "Where's Ranae?"

"Sleeping" he said with a sheepish yet proud grin.

"I'm sure Kamille heard you two"

"She wasn't here"

"Where was she"

"Jennifer house"

I knodded my head and after a few more words I headed upstairs.

I sat down on the bed, paper still in my hand. I got up and went into my closet and found a picture frame to put the picture Kamille drew in. The picture frame was black with the words love written in cursive at the bottom of the frame.

I sat it on the bed side table and just looked at it for a little while thinking about the good times way back then.

Get your shit together McKenna...