𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 | 𝙽𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

^^^

It all started with an alarm that echoed through Sir Reginald Hargreeves' mansion, waking everyone in the household. After a dozen or so seconds, the patter of feet, nervous clearing of throat and the calling of other people's names could be heard throughout the house. It wasn't hard to guess that the alarm caused a huge stir. After a while, the loud voice of the owner of the property echoed off the walls.

"Number Seven, move out of the way! Number Two, stop sharpening those knives immediately and put on your mask! Where's Number Four...? Ah, there you are boy, put that fire out quick and join Numbers One and Three. And you, get away from each other! Behave professionally! Number Seven, before you go back to your room, please call Number Six for a suit check! Did I forget someone?"

Yes, he indeed forgot. At the very end of the corridor, he was walking down, in a locked room, sat (H/C) girl with headphones in her ears. Her thoughts and full attention were devoted to the book she was holding in her hands and the soft tones of music coming from the headphones connected to the MP3 player. She wasn't too interested in stopping reading, so she ignored all the shouts from outside the door. Finally, the door to the girl's room burst open and the figure of a tall, blond-haired young man appeared in the doorway. A dark-skinned girl with curly brown hair stood beside him. (Y/N) "Eight" Hargreeves looked up from her book and noticed that the brunette was clinging to the boy's shoulder.

"(Y/N), will you move your ass?" His voice was so loud that Number Eight could hear him even through the music pounding in her ears, "Please?" We won't wait for you any longer."

"Yeah, and Dad is already getting a bit nervous" Added the brunette and sent (Y/N) a huge, slightly perfunctory smile. She turned on her heel to leave just as Eight removed her headphones.

The boy gave the girl an imploring look.

"Would you hurry up or should I ask our dear, psychotic brother, to throw you out the window?"

(Y/N) giggled under her breath, put down the book and got up from her bed. She fixed her gaze on the object, which in a second was on the shelf on the other side of her bedroom. She hurried over to the sideboard and dug a navy-blue mask from under a pile of socks. As soon as she put it on her eyes, she heard screams:

"How will the Umbrella Academy become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house in time?!"

Luther gave (Y/N) an irritated look.

"Told ya."

So saying, he left her alone in the room.

The girl followed in the footsteps of her brother and entered the corridor. Their 'Father', known colloquially as 'Dad' or, when she and her siblings felt safe, also 'Old Fool', would stroll down the hall with his arms crossed and yell at everyone."

"Come along, children, come along!"

"Behind you!" Luther yelled and ran past him into Allison's room. (Y/N) walked past her bedroom indifferently, noticing, however, that the girl was searching for something, desperately opening, and closing all the drawers in her cupboard, and Luther energetically warming up for the mission. Eight adjusted the mask that had started to fall over her nose and continued walking down the corridor. In the next room, Klaus, another brother of hers, was jumping on the bed, staring in fascination at a burning drawer. (Y/N) with a quick flick of her hand poured the contents of the glass on his desk and extinguished the fire.