𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 | 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

^^^

"Five?!"

I woke up.

"(Y/N)?"

"Is she awake?"

"Allison, check if she's breathing."

"Of course, she's breathing you moron. Look at her chest."

"Okay okay, just wanted to make sure..."

I opened my eyes as wide as I could and as much as my body would allow me. I was immediately blinded by a white light. I blinked, tears welling up in my eyes. Suddenly I felt a touch on my shoulder. Instinctively, I moved my other hand and grabbed someone's wrist. I heard a hiss, a light laugh, and after a second the light was gone and all I could see was black dots all over my sight.

"Damn, she's certainly alive."

"I told you!"

I blinked to clear the afterimage. When I regained my vision, I looked around. I was in a room with old-fashioned wallpaper on the walls. I felt something hard under my back, as if I was lying on a table. The image was fuzzy, but I also noticed several blurred silhouettes leaning over me. I moved nervously. Instantly, I felt pain spread throughout my body, as if I were being nailed to the wall by Diego's knives. Hold on a minute...

"Where is Diego? Where is everybody?"

I sat up abruptly, still not letting go of someone's wrist.

"Diego?"

My voice was hoarse and unnatural. My throat felt dry, I was certain that my mouth hadn't touched water in a long time.

"What the hell is going on here...?"

"Yes, it's me. Could you please stop crushing my hand?"

I tilted my head to the side to identify the author of these words. The image sharpened, and next to me I saw a man dressed in black, with short dark hair, stubble and ... a single scar stretching from the eyebrow, along the temple to the ear. I swallowed saliva and cleared my throat.

"D- Diego?"

"Hi kiddo," he smiled widely. I let go of his hand and rubbed my sore joint. I managed to lift the corners of my mouth so that the expression on my face at least partly represented joy. The truth was, however, that the fact that Diego looked like a tired 30-year-old made my pants full.

"What the hell happened?"

"I told you she'd wake up anyway. Anyone want a drink? I'm putting up a line!"

"Klaus..."

I turned the other way, wincing slightly as the muscles in my neck began to rebel. I saw another man sitting on the edge of the table where I had been lying a moment ago. He had disheveled hair, slightly reddened eyes and was dressed in a long, fur coat. He was holding a lit cigarette in his hand. Beside him stood a rather tall woman in an elegant jumpsuit. Her tanned skin gleamed in the light from the lamp hanging from the ceiling.

"Allison? K-Klaus?"

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as she gave me a concerned look. I started to sob quietly, and when the guy in the fur coat threw himself on my shoulders, I screwed my pride and let go my tears. Despite the pain of this sudden embrace and the unpleasant smell of the cigarette, I threw my arms around my brother's neck and pulled him closer.

"Gosh, (Y/N), how good to finally see you alive!"

"I... I missed you too, Klaus."

"Enough of this tenderness, druggie" Diego's low, adult voice echoed from the thick walls of the room, "You'll infect her with something, and she'll fall into a coma again."