𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡 | 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

^^^

I ran as fast as I could. I didn't stop for a second, not even to catch my breath. I didn't want to stop. I couldn't do that. All my muscles worked perfectly, not allowing me to get even a little tired. It's like I suddenly got new super powers.

Oh, I forgot. I forgot that my new super power was poisoning other people's powers.

'You're like a toxin, (Y/N). You're poisoning my powers.'

I didn't wait for any further explanation. I didn't wait for apologies or goodbyes. I just turned and ran away. I ran away from the house where I had spent the last 30 years. I ran away and Five stood still in the doorway, I could feel his burning gaze on my back as I ran down the hall. I escaped from the life I had lost at that moment.

Because that was the truth.

'You are this family's biggest flaw.'

She wasn't wrong. I was the biggest flaw. And she knew it perfectly well, HE knew it perfectly well. And yet he decided to hide such crucial information from me,

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but I didn't want to, I couldn't bring myself to let them fall down my cheeks. I felt my heart breaking into pieces. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him in such a stupid way.

I ran through the city, ignoring the people, cars and street lights that were slowly starting to wake up. I ran not knowing what I would do, what I felt or where I was going. I ran trying to forget about Five and everything that happened.

'It's all my fault' I thought. 'This is all happening because of me.'

I ran out into the street. The car was going too fast to stop in time.

^^^

But that wasn't the end. Even though, at that moment, even getting hit by a car seemed more bearable than returning to the Academy and having to look Five in the eye.

No, the car screeched to a halt just an inch from my knee. For a moment I felt my heart flutter in my chest and my muscles relax. I felt like I was melting and at the same time I was standing straight, motionless, just like an icicle.

I looked up to make eye contact with the driver of the car, ready for him to come out and yell at the entire street. But that didn't happen.

The driver opened the car door and I saw a storm of brown curls in the crack.

"(Y/N)?"

Allison got out of the car and ran towards me, her heels clicking on the asphalt. I looked at her, stunned. This was the last person I expected. I narrowed my eyes and flinched as her arms wrapped around my neck and shoulders.

"I thought I was going to kill you!" She exclaimed. "What are you doing here? And why are you alone? Where's the rest?"

She bombarded me with questions and I answered them all with silence.

She sighed at my reluctance and her hands slipped from my shoulders before falling back down her body.

"Is everything okay?" She made a desperate attempt to get at least a single word out of me.

"No," I replied shortly and passed her.

I got into the car, staring blankly at Allison still standing outside. She was staring at the street and I saw confusion in her eyes.

And a lot of anxiety.

I watched in silence as she got into the car, closed the door and gripped the steering wheel. I heard the engine start and after a few seconds the car moved forward. We sat in silence for a few minutes. The prospect of spending time alone with Allison seemed like the best option anyway.