𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 | 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛

"Me."

"What do you mean 'you'?"

I stood in the doorway, barely able to stand. I stared at Vanya, the sister I hadn't seen in so long. Who never changed. Who, even after entering adulthood, remained the same quiet, conflict-free person.

She looked different now. She had dark horseshoe circles under her eyes and a paler face. And the slight smile she used to give me every time... It faded. It was no longer the same. It wasn't Vanya's smile. It wasn't hers.

It belonged to the monster that took her from us.

"I mean... I made those things happen. With my powers.".

I constantly felt the cold wind blowing through the open windows on my back. I've never seen anything like it before. When Allison and I arrived there, it was storming outside. I felt the cold sting my cheeks as we quietly entered the house. We found Vanya playing the violin, her beloved wooden violin.

I didn't know it was possible until now. Father always said Vanya was ordinary. That she's not special. Meanwhile, it turned out that she had powers. That maybe she's even more special than any of us.

Allison glanced at me out of the corner of her eye. Her body radiated nervousness, and I didn't have to concentrate too hard to feel that she was.

Vanya remained calm. I felt no fear, surprise, or joy from her.

Only indifference.

"Turns out I always had them. Weird huh?"

I stared at her and she stared at us. I felt my hands shaking and in this case it had nothing to do with the cold.

I forced a slight smile.

"Vanya it is—"

"Incredible,," Allison finished, with a similar expression.

Vanya's slight smile gave way to confusion.

"But?"She asked, shaking her head.

I pursed my lips, waiting for Allison to take over and explain everything to her. After all, she was the one who spent more time with her during these 8 days. I followed Five around like an idiot.

But Allison preferred to be careful.

"Can we... Can we do this in the car?" I felt even more nervousness in her voice.

"Why?" Vanya frowned.

"You're not gonna want to hear this," I muttered, praying that my voice sounded at least somewhat normal.

"Well it's never stoped you before," Vanya shrugged, directing the sentence to Allison.

We both sighed. It was going to be an unpleasant conversation.

^^^