𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘 | 𝚁𝚊𝚐𝚎

^^^

The first thing I heard was someone's ragged breathing.

The first thing I felt was someone's hand on my wrist.

The first thing I saw was someone's slightly blurred face, leaning over me.

After a few seconds of blinking and adjusting my eyes to the sudden brightness, I was finally able to identify who it belonged to.

"Five," I gasped.

The boy smiled, showing a row of straight white teeth. He tightened his grip on my wrist. I noticed that he had terribly disheveled hair, dark circles under his eyes, and a carelessly buttoned, wrinkled shirt.

"Finally," he whispered. "How are you feeling?"

I cleared my throat and closed my eyes a little.

"I feel better than you look, that's for sure" I forced a slight smile.

The boy muttered something under his breath and chuckled.

"It's better than I thought," he said, releasing my wrist. "A sharp retort always means you feel good."

"Should I be honest?" I croaked and gave him another small smile. "I feel like I've been hit by a hundred damn trucks."

I hissed, feeling a sudden pressure in my stomach.

"Is Allison okay?" I asked.

"Maybe she'll answer you herself?" Five glanced to the side.

I turned my head with difficulty. On the other side of the bed stood Allison, staring at me with concern. I noticed a large bandage around her neck. I swallowed, feeling a scratch in my throat.

"Allison," I whispered and raised my hand.

The woman smiled, patted my shoulder, and started writing something down in a small notebook.

I moved my hand anxiously, seeing how similar it was to the one Five used.

"She can't speak," the boy explained. "The wound probably also covers her vocal cords."

I nodded in understanding and sighed. For a few seconds, images of our conversation with Vanya flashed in my head. Oh yeah. As if it could even be called a 'conversation'.

Finally, Allison turned the notebook towards me.

'I'm fine Eight. You should rest.'

I hesitated.

"I need... I need to talk to Five about something. Will you excuse us?"

My sister hurriedly scratched the paper with her pencil for the next few seconds.

'About what?'

I sighed. Even at a moment like this, she had to interfere in everything.

"About what happened," I replied and looked down a bit.

"We already know what happened," Five interjected, squeezing my wrist again. "This guy, Jenkins, attacked you."

He looked deeply into my eyes for a moment. I pursed my lips.

"Right?" He asked, confusion appearing on his face.

I looked at Allison and stared at her pleadingly.

"I'll take care of it," I said and she nodded.

'I'll go to my room. I'll be back in a while. Get some rest.'