𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 | 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝?

My hand slipped from Five's. I felt a shaking under my feet, as if the house was starting to fall apart. Plaster was falling from the ceiling, and I saw the paint on the walls begin to crack and peel off in large flakes. I looked at Five. He was just as confused as me.

"Five," I croaked, feeling a lump form in my throat. "What's going on?"

"I have no idea," he replied, looking very stressed. "Something doesn't fit here... Something's wrong" I had the impression that he was talking more to himself than to me.

"Five, what are yo—" I swayed in place, feeling the ground under my feet start to shake even more.

The boy looked around the room quickly and then grabbed my hand.

"Come on, let's get out of here," he said, pulling me towards the door.

I followed him obediently, quickening my pace. I winced every time my body tensed and the wound on my stomach made itself felt with a dull throb. Five must have been aware of my questionable condition because he kept turning his head a little to see if I was being dragged across the floor. We spent the next few seconds walking down the hall, heading towards the stairs.

I heard banging sounds, as if all the pillars were falling to the floor. I was not wrong. As soon as we reached the stairs, the pillar connecting the railing to the ceiling broke and started falling straight on us. I pulled away from Five and raised both hands. I exerted all my strength to save us from collision, and in a second the pillar was safely hanging above our heads. I jerked my hand again so that it fell onto the stairs and rolled down, ramming our way to the ground floor.

I took a deep breath and looked at Five.

"Teleport us down," I said, seeing the second pillar begin to crack. "Five, quickly!"

The boy nodded, grabbed my wrist again and made a fist with his other hand.

To my horror, I didn't feel a tug and I didn't see a flash of blue light. Five looked at his hands and then tried to jump again.

"What's happening?" I asked and almost immediately answered my own question.

"The same thing again," he groaned stressed. "It's your fault again."

I gulped at that second sentence and shook my head.

"What do we do?"

"Can't you use telekinesis again to lift the damn rock?" Five looked at the pillar on the stairs.

I shook my head again, desperately trying to remember another way to escape.

"I'm too weak," I answered truthfully, feeling an unpleasant pulsation in my stomach. "I won't be able to focus again."

Five looked at the floor, I could see he was thinking. After a second, the sound of impact echoed through the house again, but this time, much louder, as if the ceiling had collapsed on an upper floor.

Five looked at me again and pointed to the corridor where our rooms were located.

"We'll try to get out through the window in dad's room."

I looked at him nervously.

"It's the second floor," I reminded him, feeling my legs starting to give out.

Five nodded hastily and began to drag me towards the hall where our bedrooms were.

"We'll go up the stairs to father's room. There's a long window sill outside the window, and then we get safely to a metal ladder. We will jump down to the alley between the buildings."