𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 | 𝙿𝚊𝚙𝚊'𝚜 𝙱𝚘𝚢

^^^

"(Y/N)! We gotta talk, will you come here please?"

"Yeah, coming right up."

I got out of bed and looked around the room. I've always liked this place. It was here, in this room, that I used my power for the first time. I was about 7 at the time, and I was arguing with Five about a toy Mom had brought us secretly from Dad. At one point, I got angry because Five, like Five, didn't want to give it back to me at all. I wanted to throw something at him, so I looked at the lamp standing on the table next to the bed and the next thing I remember was the scream of the boy and the crack of the lamp smashing on the floor. Then my father came running in, alerted by the noise, and the next thing he saw was me standing in the middle of the room with my hand pointed at the table, Five thrashing about on the floor with a bloody forehead, and the remains of a lamp strewn across the carpet. Since then, I have spent a lot of time in the training room.

My whole room was decorated in shades of gray and red. I've always liked this combination, which is why I wanted to have it in my special place. I holed up here with a book every free moment, putting my introverted calmness above the feelings of my siblings. It may have been a rather selfish approach, but who can't appreciate the magic of a comfortable armchair, a good book and warm cocoa?

I opened the door. In the more than an hour since I left the living room and the uncomfortable conversation with my siblings, I managed to freshen up and change into my new, freshly ironed Umbrella academy uniform. I concluded that I should not dwell on the past and just think about future. I wouldn't be able to do anything, even if I wanted to. After all, time travel is impossible.

I walked into our spacious living room and immediately smelled nervousness in the air. It was going to be a serious conversation. I had a gut feeling it's not gonna end up very well.

I made myself comfortable on the couch next to Vanya and fixed a questioning glance on Luther, whose expression showed a seriousness I would never have suspected before. Okay, it may have been 15 years since we last saw each other, but for me it was just a slightly extended sleep. I looked at the expressions on the other four's faces. Allison was sitting on a chair with her hands folded, Diego was nonchalantly leaning his elbow on the back of the chair, Vanya's gaze was blank, and Klaus was just opening a bottle of champagne or other drink.

'So everything is the old way.'

"We appreciate you coming, (Y/N)" Said Luther, his face soften a bit. I nodded in response.

"Uhm... I guess we should get this started then."

"Start what?" I asked. Diego gave me a grim smile.

"You'll see, don't worry."

"So I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words just at Dad's favorite spot."

I almost laughed.

"Dad had a favorite spot?" Allison couldn't hide her amazement even though she was a great actress. Luther looked like he was about to collapse into the ground.

"You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"

"Will there be refreshments?"

Klaus entered the living room holding a crystal glass in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other. I moved over to Vanya to make room for him on the couch.

"Tea, scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner!"

"If you'd be able to make some with cream cheese and jam, I'd like a few" I laughed and helped him sit up.