'I Don't Love Alex Or Larry'

'....but, honestly, they were the size of full blown balloons.' Said Nicky.

It was cold. Snow delicately fell to the ground, and the breeze was bitter and nippy. Their little hike wasn't disturbed, though. As long as the snow refused to stick, they would be fine. Alex peered over her shoulder to admire the view, and already she could see the city below, houses barely recognisable they were now so far away. Facing forwards again, she continued walking, Nicky following on from behind, hardly appreciating what was around her.

For the past hour, Nicky had been talking non-stop. Which was no surprise. Once something had got Nicky into a talkative mood, nothing stopped her. This morning, Alex wasn't sure what had triggered Nicky's tiresome rants, but she had a hunch Lorna Morello had something to do with it. Whenever Nicky was hurt by her not-so-secret love, she always took it badly, very badly, even when Lorna had no intention of harming her feelings.

'No, more like....y'know..fucking melons. Big and round, and juicy. Fucking surprise she was able to walk around with those weighing her down...' Nicky shaked her head at the image of them again.

Alex soon reached a relatively large hill up ahead, and wasted no time to climb up it. Nicky followed, unnerved and unaware about how out of breath she was. Clearly the topic of her one-sided conversation had absorbed her in completely.

'Iwould have nearly suffocated if she got any closer. Those fucking balloons were just bouncing and bouncing all over the place.' Nicky cringed, 'But don't get me wrong, Vause, I'm all for them, but sometimes it just gets too much. Real glad I won't be seeing her again, though. I mean, apart from those fantastic basketballs, she wasn't that good at it anyway.'

Reaching the top of the hill, Alex turned to examine the view. It was better than she ever imagined. Who knew a view of a city could be such a sight? Nicky soon trudged up to where she was standing, and together they caught their breath. Thankfully, Nicky was now looking at the scenery, but her mouth was still moving and wasn't going to stop moving anytime soon.

'They kind of reminded me of these balloons I found behind the sofa once. Big and puffy, but real soft to touch when...'

'Nichols?' Alex faced Nicky now.

'Yeah?'

'Will you stop talking about tits? It's driving me crazy girl.'

Finally, silence. However the longer they stood there, admiring what nature had to offer, the more disturbed Nicky became. Alex never went on walks. Ever. And whenever she did go on walks, it only meant bad news. She was either letting off steam, or tiring herself out so she wouldn't have the energy to ponder over what was wrong. Today it was probably both. Wisely, Nicky hadn't asked what was the matter but, now, gazing at the view, she couldn't wait any longer then she already had.

Turning to face her, Nicky stared for a while, then said, 'What else do you wanna talk about then Vause?'

'Nothing. Nothing at all.'

'Bullshit. You didn't drag me all the way up here for nothing, Vause.' A pause. 'Wait.' She cracked a grin. 'What did happen between you and Doctor Barbie last night? I saw you and her skipping off into the sunset at, like, three in the fucking morning. Don't tell me you two did the naughty together?' At first, Nicky was being sarcastic, but when her friend didn't offer a response, she widened her eyes. 'Oh my God.Oh my God. Vause fucked a Barbie again.'

Alex didn't offer a response. Instead, she sat down and crossed her legs, preferring to stare at the view instead of Nicky's smug face. She didn't think she could manage seeing Nicky's expression of pure delight at the fact Alex slept with her own doctor.