'Doctor Chapman And A Patient, Alex Vause'

'Do a lot of doctors hook up with patients in the on-call room?'

'Only all the time.'

'Really?'

'I have no idea.'

Piper didn't care either. Raising herself onto her elbows, she kissed Alex softly. She had lost track of time, but her pager hadn't gone off, so she wasn't in any trouble. Hopefully, she wouldn't get in any trouble at all. Hopefully, this, whatever this was, would remain a secret, but there was just one problem: Larry.

Gradually, her eyes fell onto the scar where Alex's pacemaker was inserted. It was a clean wound, and had healed quite a lot already. The soreness had disappeared, and when her finger lightly grazed across the wound, it was smoother than she thought. She kissed Alex again, her hands running down her sides, over the curve of her waist, but suddenly her pager started beeping. Their kiss ended abruptly, and Piper sighed in frustration.

Alex rolled off her onto her front, and watched as Piper reached over to grab her pager. She read the message. Doctor Healy wanted to see her in Room 206. Off the top of her head, she didn't know which patient was in there, but she'd find out soon enough. Turning over, she looked at Alex, 'I have to go.'

Unintentionally, she studied the rose tattoo on her arm, the pepper shaker illustrated across her shoulder, the interesting band around her wrist. Alex must have caught her staring, but she didn't say anything. Shuffling out of the sheets, Piper searched for her scrubs. While she dressed, she felt Alex's eyes on her, and her cheeks reddened in embarrassment. Once her top was on, she faced Alex, smiling crookedly.

'What are you staring at?'

Piper wouldn't have considered Alex beautiful before. She always found her attractive, but not necessarily beautiful. Pretty wasn't the appropriate word for her either. Alex was smooth, sexy, but normal. She had a startling appearance, but it was toned down, it was steady, relaxed. She was nice to look at, and Piper had always been fond of her eyes, the dark makeup, how she raised her glasses through her hair, revealing more of her face. Alex was confident in her own skin,mor she seemed to be anyway, and her confidence was seductive.

Not to mention her voice managed to make Piper melt. Surprisingly soothing when things got intimate, but clear and authoritative out of the bedroom. Alex's voice was very distinctive, and Piper had grown rather fond of it. But she never thought Alex as beautiful. Not until this moment, at least. Propped on one elbow, there was something youthful and childish about the way Alex watched her. Her skin was a creamy white, soft and warm to touch, her black hair a sharp contrast to her light complexion, the blue highlights on fire. She had a body most women wished they had: curvaceous and feminine. Piper found it incredibly difficult to not stare in awe when Alex was finally bare to her. She was so normal.

All of that was hidden behind a callous, witty and deceptive façade. Yet, somehow, Piper had stripped it away. Looking at her now, Piper was tempted to remove her scrubs and jump back into bed with her. Without even trying, Alex made her feel excited, and her cheeks burned all the more when she felt something trickle down her leg.

'You.' Alex confirmed, smirking.

Piper scoffed, threw Alex's jacket at her. 'I'd ask you to wait for me, but I doubt you'll do that.'

'Come round to mine after work.'

The idea sounded lovely. Piper grinned, then remembered about her boyfriend. 'Oh, shit.'

'What?'

'I can't. I have...I can't, Alex. I have a fiancé.'

'So?' Alex shuffled to the end of the bed, and took her glasses from the floor and propped them on the top of her matted hair. 'Just tell him you're hanging out with a friend.' She pulled them on, then faced Piper again. 'He's going to have you all to himself next Friday, anyway.'