Chapter 4

"What are you doing here?"

She slouched against the wall, chin rested on her knees, fingers bending and twisting a soft twig.

"What are you talking about? I'm an officer...

...I think?

I can sit wherever I want."

"Why does that have to be in front of my prison cell?"

"I like the cold floor..?"

Zoro sighed. He has been sighing a lot lately.

"Sure."

She broke the silence after a while, successfully waking Zoro, who was about to give in to sleep.

"You remember how I snuck in some alcohol the other day?"

Zoro did. It was one of the best alcohol he had had in a while.

She continued,

"Well.. I knew I wouldn't get it out of the senior chefs so I asked one of the younger ones who I got along with.

Turns out, that was the last barrel they had left. And before they could restock, an officer demanded for some. But clearly, there was none left when there should have been, so a little questioning happened."

So she's upset because she got scolded?

She still had more to say though.

"It's okay if they punished me but that poor guy didn't  deserve the punishment. To make things worse, I even said it was my fault but they left me unscathed. The chef though..." She trailed off.

He certainly got a beating. That was for sure.

"Fricken uptight officers," he heard her mutter.

"It's so unfair. The system is corrupted as it is but they don't say a word. A barrel of wine goes missing, and oh, it's such a big deal! And then they don't even punish the one at fault, all because her uncle is an Admiral," she continued, muttering to herself more this time.

Why am I even telling him this..?

She felt pathetic. Sulking on a cold prison floor because she couldn't do anything and even worse, confiding in a prisoner slash pirate.

Zoro perked up. Her mutterings had not gone unheard.

"Uncle?" He spoke up for the first time.

"Yeah.." she stared harder at the floor.

"Admiral Borsalino is my uncle."

*.✧✿⊰⊹ฺ