Chapter 12

"Do you think it was okay to send that idiot in alone?" A woman with orange locks sighed as she leaned against the ship.

"He'll be fine," a man with curly brows reassured her. "Our captain's an idiot but he's been in these situations one too many times. He knows his way around them."

"We'd have gathered too much attention if we all went in together," yet another woman with shoulder length black hair mused.

"I hope he rescues Zoro quickly," a child like voice sighed wistfully.

The rest agreed silently. They needed their swordsman back.

_____________________

Panting, she brought out her fists again. The exhaustion was catching up to her.

He was in a similar condition, except his lip wasn't cut like hers was, hopefully not by his sword. That shit would hurt like hell.

He lunged forward again and this time her reflexes could not keep up. She expected his blades to slash her across but was met with a hilt instead.

Knocked down to the floor, her eyes made eye contact with the ceiling. (Ceiling-kun //blushed//. Lmao I'm sorry) Zoro stood to the side regaining his breath.

"Heh," she coughed up blood. "You said you wouldn't go easy on me but eventually, you did."

He looked down at his sword. He also did not know why he switched to his hilt at the last minute.

"Tch. I don't need you to die," he managed to say.

She gave a wry chuckle. "Yeah, right."

Silence ensued.

"Thanks for your help."

And then he was gone.

________________

A/N: Yes, I know this one's short but I wanted this dramatic end :) Our marine meets a certain captain in the next chap :D