Chapter 15

"Chopper! Didn't you say they sent the signal? Why are they taking so long??" Sanji shouted exasperatedly as he deflected a canon.

"Yes, they did!!" The reindeer wailed. "I don't know why they're not out yet."

"This isn't SUUUUPPER at all!" The man in the speedo shot out tiny missiles from his forearm.

"Oh my," Robin observed.

"Things are getting messy."

_________________

Fists met fists, blades met gun bullets and kicks were being thrown everywhere.

The ship was now in sight, but they were not able to break free from the current horde of soldiers attacking them.

Zoro clenched his jaw.

This was not getting easier.

Suddenly a shout flew over them. More specifically, Ussop's voice over a megaphone.

"Zoro! Luffy! Shut your eyes and don't breath for a while!"

"Huhh!!?"

They soon understood what he meant. A small bag catapulted over and fell by them.

"Hup!" Inhaling the biggest gulp of air, they both closed their eyes and pinched their noses.

After a few seconds, the air began to clear and they opened their eyes to see soldiers on the floor passed out.

Exhaling they rushed past the bodies heaped on the floor and reached the pier.

"Now, Luffy." Zoro turned to his Captain.

A determined grin filled Luffy's face. Extending his arms he wrapped one around Zoro's waist and the other reached out to the ship.

A pair of running footsteps came to a stop behind them.

Zoro turned his head and met her eyes which were wide at the sight before her.

She was panting at the lack of oxygen from all the running she had done.

Luffy's hand found the ship.

"Let's go."

She saw what was happening. Reaching out a hand, she attempted a futile run towards the two.

Zoro's eyes never left hers.

"Sto-"

And then they were gone.

.
.
.
.
.

She ran to the edge of the pier and saw the ship turn to leave.

She couldn't help it. She needed to say, or do something. Mustering all the strength she had left, she screamed at them,

"BLOODY PIRATES!! DONT THINK YOU'VE GOTTEN AWAY. I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME!

DEFINITELY!"

Her voice cracked.

"..definitely."

Everything seemed to slow down. The sounds of cannons being fired fell on deaf ears and the cries from fellow soldiers all faded away until all she could see was the silhouette of the ship in the distance.

"Hah."

She fell to her knees, eyes never leaving the sea as if hoping the tides would roll back the ship to her.

When that didn't happen, she hung her head.

"Damn it."

Silent sobs took over her body and muffled cries threatened to leave her lips.

She heard footsteps stop right beside her.

She turned to see who it was when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"You did good."

"Uncle BORSAA!!"

She fell into his embrace and wailed into his chest crying, "I let them get away!!"

But they both knew that wasn't why her tears fell.