Chapter 19

Calls were made, letters were written and a group of soldiers were sent to her hometown. No response.

The Supervisor had his head in his hands.

"We should probably tell the Admiral about this."

__________

A soldier rapped on his door.

'Admiral!" He pushed the door open.

Borsalino took the cigarette away from his mouth to address the man.

"Oya, I said not to barge in like that. It startles me."

"I'm sorry, Sir, but I thought this was urgent."

The soldier took the admiral's silence as a sign to continue.

"Your niece... She's disappeared."

Borsalino raised his eyebrows.

Oh? Now that was interesting.

He reached into his pocket for another cigarette. Finding none, he searched the pocket of his white overcoat, but instead of a cigarette packet, his fingers found a folded note.

"Ohh?"

He unfolded it to find, written in a messy scribble, the message -

Uncle Borsa,
Thankyou for everything.

He sighed.

"Um .. admiral?" The soldier stood awkwardly waiting for a command. "Would you like to send out a fleet to search for her?"

He waved his hand.

"Nah.. that's too much work."

"But-"

He gave the man a weary but authoritative look.

"She'll return if she wants to."

___________________

Finding no help from the Admiral, the supervisor had posters printed out and notices sent out about the missing marine, hoping she'd be found soon and sending out silent prayers that she was okay.

One of such posters fell outside a certain bar miles away.

A figure picked it up and went inside the bar. Putting it on the table he called out to the bar owner, "Shakky! I want the usual."

His attention went back to the poster and on the marine on it.

He chuckled.

"You finally give in, kid?"
.
.
.

And on another ship miles away, a woman with a tattooed shoulder found a similar article.

"Eh? A marine went missing."

Her statement caught the attention of the two nearby.

"Ehhh? A marine disappeared?" Usopp peered over Nami's shoulder to get a better look.

Robin copied his actions. "Ara, that's unusual."

"Weeeeeee-" BAM!!

Luffy with a Chopper held above his head rammed into Nami's back successfully pushing her forward and making her trip.

They giggled. "Flight Chopper has gotten into an unfortunate accident. CRAAASSHSJDHSHSJJHDGXCZV-"

Nami stood up fuming. "It's too early for me to handle this!!"

Folding the paper, she threw it at them. Instinctively, Luffy stretched his arms, lifting Chopper higher, causing the paper to fly through his arms landing on the poor swordsman still asleep behind them.

"Gah!!" Behold, the swordsman is now awake.

Usopp joined Luffy and Chopper as they bent over laughing at Zoro's misfortune.

"Hahahhahaha good morning, Zoro."

It's not a "good morning" for Zoro.

Copying Nami, he picked up the paper and threw it at them, this time missing Sanji an inch above his head as he came out to announce that breakfast was ready.

The paper fell overboard into the sea.

Everybody stood in silence for a good second until Sanji broke it by screaming, "Shitty MaRimO!! I didn't read it yet!!"

"Don't care."

"You-"

A skeleton looked down at them from the balcony.
"Ah, they're so lively this morning."

The (pervert) cyborg next to him laughed. "Isn't it SUUUPP-"

"SHUT UP FRANKY!"

The article went forgotten.

A/N- :D